Kegconnection Complete Starter Kit and More Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Wine, Mead, Cider, Sake & Soda > Wine Making Forum > Couple of Apfelwine questions

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-17-2008, 05:47 PM   #1
Mr. Awesome
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Default Couple of Apfelwine questions

First, is there something I could buy commercially to try and see if I might like this?

Second, do you bottle it in beer bottles or wine bottles? Do you prime it just like beer?

Sorry if these questions have been answered before. I had no luck searching, and didn't have the time to read hundreds of pages of posts.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-17-2008, 05:59 PM   #2
Schlenkerla

Recipes 

Liked 81 Times on 62 Posts
Likes Given: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Awesome
Sorry if these questions have been answered before. I had no luck searching, and didn't have the time to read hundreds of pages of posts.
http://www.homebrewtalk.com/search.php?searchid=1147705

http://www.homebrewtalk.com/search.php?searchid=1147717

There are hundreds of posts on this subject you need to read a little and try the search feature. Possibly change your search criteria. You can also do the search within a thread. Look at the bar right over the 1st post.

Many people don't know its there.

BS Nano-Brewery

Primary: SNPA Clone, Apfelwein
2ndary: Empty
Drinking: Dead Ringer IPA, Ma Duece (50 caliber) - Malt Liquor, Cranberry Wheat
Next: Cali-Common, American Amber, Smoked to Helles

|Myeast 50327|Easy Hop Oast|Smoked Homebrew|

Old 02-17-2008, 06:56 PM   #3
Seabee John
Swing the BIG hammer
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 22 Times on 19 Posts
Likes Given: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Awesome
First, is there something I could buy commercially to try and see if I might like this?

Second, do you bottle it in beer bottles or wine bottles? Do you prime it just like beer?

#1 - I don't think there is any commercial equivalent on the market... Ed Worts Apfelwein is special....So special that I'd tell you just go make a batch. Read a little first, it's got a HUGE following so it must be good right? <- either that or Ed's got us all so snowballed that he aughta be runnin' for President.

#2 - I've bottled and kegged (I keg now because it's easy and it get's me chicks...ok it's just easy. Just remember to give it plenty of time. If you make it today, plan on bottling in May then plan on drinking in June and July.

#3 - Learn the search features... but also remember that this is a forum. It's for getting a quick answer (opinion) to a question without having to sift through hundreds of posts like this to get an answer.

Good luck.... MAKE the Apfelwein, you will not be dissapointed (and remember the 3 glass rule)
Mom was right. Never argue with an idiot. They just drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.

Where's my beer. I know I left it around here somewhere.....
Kegged/Drinking:Nihilistic Integrity - Black IPA, #1 BIAB pale ale, Bells Two Hearted - yes a keg of the real stuff
Kegged/Conditioning:Wally N Seans Braggot, Emerald Eyes - Irish Red, Atomic Tsunami - brown
Primary:empty

Quick Reply