Ss Brewing Technologies Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Wine, Mead, Cider, Sake & Soda > Wine Making Forum > Coconut wine

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-05-2012, 06:22 PM   #21
Revvy
Post Hoc Ergo Propter Hoc
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 2733 Times on 1640 Posts
Likes Given: 3485

Wow, it worked!!!!!!

Like my snazzy new avatar? Get Sons of Zymurgy swag, here, and brew with the best.

Revvy's one of the cool reverends. He has a Harley and a t-shirt that says on the back "If you can read this, the bitch was Raptured. - Madman

I gotta tell ya, just between us girls, that Revvy is HOT. Very tall, gorgeous grey hair and a terrific smile. He's very good looking in person, with a charismatic personality... he drives like a ****ing maniac! - YooperBrew

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-05-2012, 06:25 PM   #22
Revvy

Recipes 

I wonder if you can use canned coconut milk and do the same process?

Like my snazzy new avatar? Get Sons of Zymurgy swag, here, and brew with the best.

Revvy's one of the cool reverends. He has a Harley and a t-shirt that says on the back "If you can read this, the bitch was Raptured. - Madman

I gotta tell ya, just between us girls, that Revvy is HOT. Very tall, gorgeous grey hair and a terrific smile. He's very good looking in person, with a charismatic personality... he drives like a ****ing maniac! - YooperBrew

Old 03-05-2012, 06:27 PM   #23
Revvy

Recipes 

OOOh I just remembered. years ago I remember buying Coconut in block form from asian markets. It was a compressed block of meat.

Like this.

If I recall it was dirt cheap. You could probably get enough of that to rehydrate to get the amount you need.

Old 03-05-2012, 06:38 PM   #24
Revvy

Recipes 

I bet this technique, like the article implies could be used to make all manner of consumes for beers and wines. One of the biggest complaints of folks wanting to use chocolate and peanut butter in beers is the fats, you could do the same thing and make a fat free extract. WOW.

Old 03-05-2012, 07:30 PM   #25
Newbrew12
Recipes 

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

It was exciting to see it work. I'm hoping this will lead to some new creations in my kitchen

mythicbrewing.blogspot.com

Cheers!

Old 03-05-2012, 07:35 PM   #26
Revvy

Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newbrew12 View Post
It was exciting to see it work. I'm hoping this will lead to some new creations in my kitchen
I have a ton of ideas for brewing experiments now. Things like pumpkin pie extracts for pumpkin beers made with entire pumpkin pies. Trying a chocolate extract, and also getting some of that cream coconut and try to make a gallon of it.

Old 03-05-2012, 08:02 PM   #27
Newbrew12
Recipes 

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

I'm glad I could help prove this out a little bit. I'll tell ya, it'll need to be fine tuned for sure. The time it took (about 4 days) and about 50% efficiency on ingredients to results can probably be improved. I have pictures and steps on everything I did if anyone wants to see

mythicbrewing.blogspot.com

Cheers!

Old 03-05-2012, 08:06 PM   #28
Revvy

Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newbrew12 View Post
I'm glad I could help prove this out a little bit. I'll tell ya, it'll need to be fine tuned for sure. The time it took (about 4 days) and about 50% efficiency on ingredients to results can probably be improved. I have pictures and steps on everything I did if anyone wants to see
I kept hoping you'd do a step by step photo explanation of what you did, especially with info on how much gelatin you did.

I'm glad my half assed idea had merit.

Old 03-05-2012, 08:56 PM   #29
Newbrew12
Recipes 

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

Ok, I'll post everything tonight. Brewin up a wit tonight too so it'll be in-between steps of that LOL. There's good pictures of my battle with a coconut even too :P

Old 03-06-2012, 10:14 AM   #30
gratus fermentatio
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 782 Times on 545 Posts
Likes Given: 2083

You might be able to extract more flavour by pressing the coconut flesh. It's just a thought. Regards, GF.

Quick Reply