Ss Brewing Technologies Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Wine, Mead, Cider, Sake & Soda > Wine Making Forum > Chateau Welch

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-10-2010, 12:26 PM   #1
Starderup
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 16 Times on 15 Posts
Likes Given: 8

Default Chateau Welch

Just toying around with wine. I hydrated half a packet or so of the yeast, and poured it into a sterilized gallon jug. The bottle of grape juice is of the 3 quart size, so I think I will have enough headspace. I just used sterilized foil for the top. This morning, it has a nice thin layer of bubbles on it.
I figured for about six dollars, it would be a fun experiment.

Ignore the OG and FG numbers. Its a required field, so I just put something there.

<priceless quote>My dog dropped his bone in my fermentor while I wasn't looking.</end quote>

Last edited by Starderup; 08-10-2010 at 05:54 PM. Reason: Originally in wrong forum; edited out some trub

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-10-2010, 01:22 PM   #2
Yooper
Ale's What Cures You!
HBT_ADMIN.png

Recipes 

Liked 4471 Times on 3253 Posts
Likes Given: 870

This post was moved out of the recipe database, and put into the regular wine forum.

The recipe database has required fields, like tasting notes, so that only completed proven recipes are in there. Experiments, one time wines, unfinished brews, etc. go into the regular forum.

I love making wine with Welch's juices. It should turn out just fine!

Old 08-10-2010, 02:34 PM   #3
Starderup
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Recipes 

Liked 16 Times on 15 Posts
Likes Given: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by YooperBrew View Post
This post was moved out of the recipe database, and put into the regular wine forum.

The recipe database has required fields, like tasting notes, so that only completed proven recipes are in there. Experiments, one time wines, unfinished brews, etc. go into the regular forum.

I love making wine with Welch's juices. It should turn out just fine!
Thanks for the help. I wondered why it looked different!
After seeing one or two of the other wine recipes, I thought I might have made a mistake by not adding any more fermentables to the juice, but if you have done that, then I feel more confident it will be a positive experience.

<priceless quote>My dog dropped his bone in my fermentor while I wasn't looking.</end quote>

Quick Reply