Originally Posted by UncleWhomper
I have a reputable source for used corks... My restaurant. I have my bartenders save them for me. It's not like I'm picking them up off the street or anything. I know they're cheap too but the homebrew spot is way out of the way. I was just curious is all. What's the worst that can happen? I get vinegar?
Or oxidation, or a spontaneous MLF, or the corks fail and you get mold or a different bacterial contamination.
Vinegar would be the best out of any of those, but it isn't that easy to get vinegar without a mother of vinegar or another source. It'd be far more likely to have issues with other mold and bacterial contamination and oxidation.