Kegconnection Complete Starter Kit and More Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Wine, Mead, Cider, Sake & Soda > Wine Making Forum > Bulk aging in too high temp

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-13-2010, 12:56 PM   #1
RyanK2
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Default Bulk aging in too high temp

So some of you may have seen my original post about my wine all of a sudden tasting really acrid. I though this could have been from sitting on the isinglass too long but that stuff is nearly flavorless. The next idea I had is this.

I just moved into a new house and I put my 5 gal carboys into the laundry room. The furnace and water heater are also in here and it stays about 75F. Could going from about 68F to 75F in the bulk aging process have cause this nasty flavor? If so, is there a way to correct it, or has the damage been done?

Bottled: Weihenstephan Hefe Clone, Kärcher Bock, Kölsch, Oktober Wheat, Simcoe Slam IPA, Apfelwein, Red Trappist Dubbel, Dunkleweizen, Simcoe Slam IIPA, Hoppy Hefe, Come All Ye Faithful Christmas Ale, Gingerbread Ale, Wits End Kristal Wit, Kärcher Haus Pale, Nocturia Black IPA......too many.

http://walledlakebrewing.blogspot.com

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-13-2010, 10:14 PM   #2
bluue13
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

yeah that could be it. wine loves between 52-55 deg. unfortunately theres no real way to turn back time. You could try chill proofing (helps precipitate out acid) or possibly blending with a similar wine. But really if it tastes bad I would chalk it up to a failed batch and just try again!

good luck!

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply