I am making some balloon wine, which I guess just means that a balloon goes on top with holes poked through, and it acts sort of like an airlock. No air in, only out.
Now, my question is, my apartment is real small, and my bedroom is only 9X11 feet. I started up a new 3 gallon batch yesterday, and set it on my desk. I kinda forgot about it, and came home and after sitting in my room for about an hour, my eyes started to hurt and I had a real bad sore throat. I didnt think much about the wine, just thought I was coming down with the flu. I just thought this morning about the wine though, and some of the symptoms of carbon monoxide poisoning is eye pain and sore throat. Is the wine actually giving off that much CO2?