New Giveaway - Wort Monster Conical Fermenter!

Home Brew Forums > Wine, Mead, Cider, Sake & Soda > Wine Making Forum > Brew #1, #2 and #3

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-18-2009, 04:42 PM   #1
RobWalker
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 8 Times on 8 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Default Brew #1, #2 and #3

Thought I'd do a blanket post! I used to post here under a name of Rob or something, but I forgot my password, changed my email, wiped my fingerprints, etc.

Anyway, I was recently given a book on how to make wine from tinned and dried fruit. Sounds interesting, and extremely cheap too - so I thought I'd give it a go. Still got plenty of my dad's old winemaking equipment, and bought some of my own, so after emptying out a demi-john which contained 20 year old wine of sorts (we tried it - it was alright but there's no way you could trust wine that old sat in a damp garage,) I set about making some wine.

I would like to state at this point that I'm no connisseur, this is purely clap-trap for getting battered off

Summer Fruit wine (made from Pie Filling) should make a rich, complex red.
Fruit Salad wine (yup, tinned fruit salad) will make a sort of orangey white. Both around 12%
Also chucked a cider kit on from the local homebrew store, something for the christmas months. Nice and simple.

Two reasons - one, for beer to drink, two, to get aquainted with the process. If these are succesful, I'll either start experimenting or make some more challenging wines/ciders from real fruit.

Any recipes, just ask.

Glad to be a part of the forum again!

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-19-2009, 11:36 AM   #2
summersolstice
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 21 Times on 16 Posts

Welcome back Rob. There aren't a lot of connoisseurs here but there is a great deal of enthusiasm!

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply