Well I just tested this blueberry yesterday and the FG was around 0.996. I figure that puts me somewhere near 13-15%. I wasnt expecting the bread yeast to suck it dry, but c'est le vie. Does anyone have a rough estimate on how much sugar the blueberries could have added?
Here's what I came up with for blending, scaled up based on my shot glass and postal scale measurements:
-5 gallons blueberry 'wine' (FG 0.996)
-1.5 gallon 80 proof vodka
-12 lb table sugar
-tannin to taste (I couldnt measure the sprinkling I did but the tannin helped cut the acidity and smooth the alcohol a bit)
The vodka bumps this up to around 20% abv (40 proof) and turns this into a nice sipper. I think the abv is high enough to kill of the yeast but I may add k meta and sorbate just in case, the meta will also help minimize oxidation.
I have to say that this stuff tastes pretty damn good! I think I might also try to age a portion of it on some oak, I might even toast some of it to try to get a bit of a whiskey flavor.