Happy HolidaySs Giveaway - Last Sponsor Giveaway of the Year!

Come Enter the BrewDeals/FastFerment Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Wine, Mead, Cider, Sake & Soda > Wine Making Forum > Bottling question

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-05-2006, 12:57 PM   #11
Whake4
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

yet another question. I am about 7 days into clarification to look at the wine it looks clear but if I shine a flashlight into it I can see the beam how long can I let this wine sit in a carboy to clear up, also should I add more clearing agents or just let it sit

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-05-2006, 02:59 PM   #12
usmcruz
Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whake4
yet another question. I am about 7 days into clarification to look at the wine it looks clear but if I shine a flashlight into it I can see the beam how long can I let this wine sit in a carboy to clear up, also should I add more clearing agents or just let it sit

Did you degas your wine before adding the clearing agents? if not then this might be keeping your wine from clearing. If not then get spoon and swish it around for a minute or two. Its ok to let the wine sit in the carboy for a while. I left mine in the carboy for a year.

Old 01-05-2006, 03:36 PM   #13
Baron von BeeGee
Beer Bully
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 17 Times on 16 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by homebrewer_99
I think I still have a few pictures of the "frog fences" along the road in Germany.
Looks like they've got a better, i.e., more expensive, solution now:
http://edition.cnn.com/2004/TECH/sci...g.tunnel.reut/
That's like 20 times more expensive than California's!

Old 01-05-2006, 10:58 PM   #14
Whake4
Recipes 

I degassed with the spoon> I mixed it like crazy for 5 mins let it bubble for 2min Mixed again for 5 rested for 2 and did 1 last mix for 5 min, The wine is clear to the eye but in a book I was reading it said to check with a flash light and see if you can see the beam. would it have a negitive effect if i was to add more clearing agents?

Old 01-12-2006, 06:33 PM   #15
D@VID
Recipes 

Whake4,

If youre wanting total clarity of your wines then may I suggest you try filtering it.
If you do, rack the wine once more before you run it through the filter.

Primary: Nothing at the mo
Secondary :Nothing at the mo
Bulk Ageing : 10 gall Sangiovese,10 gall Crabapple,5 gall Blackberry,Elderberry and sloe,
5 gall Pear, 5 gall Carrot, 5 gall Blackberry,5 gall Tea n Raisin, 5 gall Blackberry,Elderberry and Sloe rose,
3 gall Pineapple,3 gall Apple n Elderflower, 3 gall Beetroot, 1 gall Banana n Ginger,1 gall Parsnip , 1 gall Tea n Raisin, 5 galls Cider, 1 gall Cumberland Brandy, 1 gall Peach, 1 gall Hawthornberry wine.

Wines at home

Quick Reply