Ss Brewing Technologies Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Wine, Mead, Cider, Sake & Soda > Wine Making Forum > Bottling apfelwein

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-03-2012, 12:58 AM   #31
terryb127
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daze
it's probably done. you can bottle it as is and the slight co2 will probably not be an issue or you can let it age another week and the co2 will not be an issue for sure
Hey Daze
I bottled the apfelwein about 5 days ago and so far so good, no bottle bombs. Opened a bottle tonight and it's great, I do have another question, is it normal to have a very very small amount of sediment at the bottom? It's very minimal, I think I'm the only person that noticed it. Thanks

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-03-2012, 02:00 AM   #32
Daze
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 16 Times on 13 Posts

yes and no. If you let it bulk age longer then you will have less sediment in the bottles.

- "It's all about time. You can't rush perfection. Time TIME TIME!!! You either need to pay on the front end or the rear. If the batch ferments out fast you need to secondary age or bottle age it. If it ferments out slow... months not weeks, then you don't have to age it nearly as long to get good flavors. Either way time is the key when making ciders and wines."

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply