Kegconnection Complete Starter Kit and More Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Wine, Mead, Cider, Sake & Soda > Wine Making Forum > Blueberry wine question

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-30-2010, 01:25 PM   #1
alaw1or
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Default Blueberry wine question

I'm new to wine making, and I'm about to make a blueberry wine and wanted thoughts on an idea that I had about using brown sugar. The recipe I'm using calls for 13 lbs of frozen blueberries, and 12 lbs of sugar for a 5 gallon batch. I was thinking about using 2 lbs of brown sugar and 10 lbs of granulated sugar. Does anybody have any thoughts on this?

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-30-2010, 02:58 PM   #2
Mobstar
Recipes 

I would recommend using fresh berries, specially at this time of the year! You can get large quantities from Costco. I'd also recommend experimenting with smaller batches. I personally use brown sugar or candy sugar I find white sugar gives it a cider like flavor.

Old 06-30-2010, 06:46 PM   #3
Emerald
Recipes 

Liked 4 Times on 3 Posts

Great Googley Moogley! It is almost blueberry season, if you're gonna make blueberry wine, don't buy from some old warehouse, take a day and drive out to the nice country side and pack a lunch and pick your own! You know they are fresh and from your own state-- who knows what state or even what country the warehouse ones are from.
Just freeze them yourself and then use, but I used some fresh last year and they were yummy in the wine.

Quick Reply