Spike Brewing 12.5 Conical Fermenter Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Wine, Mead, Cider, Sake & Soda > Wine Making Forum > Blackberry wine/sweet corn wine

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-14-2012, 09:22 PM   #1
rseckler
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Default Blackberry wine/sweet corn wine

started blackberry wine. and some sweet corn wine.Blackberry SG 1.100
Sweet Corn SG 1.095.Hope they turn out well.

july-4567-taylorville-016.jpg  

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-15-2012, 05:08 PM   #2
oogaboogachiefwalkingdeer
Recipes 

Liked 57 Times on 43 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Very nice looking bucket of blackberries! Did they come off wild brambles or do you grow them? Sweet corn wine sounds good. I came close to making a run of it but ate all the corn. I got a five gallon batch of blackberry in the secondary tha I am going to rack off the fruit sediments next weekend. It started at 1102 so it is pretty close to yours. Mike

Old 07-17-2012, 01:17 AM   #3
rseckler
Recipes 

Thanks walking deer,no these are tame black berries my brother in law let me pick,there must have been aleast 6 five gal buckets on the vines ,but I just picked 1 bucket.Wine has a great flavor so far.Getting ready to rack to secondary tomorrow.Let me know how yours turnes out.

Old 07-18-2012, 03:10 AM   #4
Sazimmer
Recipes 

Looks like fun, I have been picking about 10 pounds every other night off of my bushes, hope to start some wine and maybe a port soon. Funny you mention sweet corn, I have some extra and was thinking of doing the same thing. Do you have a recipe for what did with the corn?

Old 12-27-2013, 12:47 AM   #5
rseckler
Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sazimmer View Post
Looks like fun, I have been picking about 10 pounds every other night off of my bushes, hope to start some wine and maybe a port soon. Funny you mention sweet corn, I have some extra and was thinking of doing the same thing. Do you have a recipe for what did with the corn?
The sweet corn wine came out Great,Black berry also is good,I picked 6gal of Blackberry this year again,made 6 gals. I made two gals of the sweet corn again this year.Last years wine was good so I will try it again.Yes I have a recipe for the sweet corn.
8 to 12 ears of sweet corn,2lbs sugar per gal.1/2 tsp pectic enzyme,1 1/2 tsp
acid blend,1/8 tsp tannin,1 tsp yeast nutrient,1 gal. water,KC-1116 yeast,1 campden tablet ,
put a large pot of water on to boil,3/4 gal.,clean the corn,cut it off the cob,then cut the cobs into 1 inch to 2 inch in length, put corn and cobs in water to boil for 15 min.,strain corn and cobs from water add sugar stir until dissolved completely,add rest of water to make 1 gal.pour into primary vessel,and let cool,when temp is around 70 degrees add pectic enzyme,acid blend,tannin,yeast nutrient,crushed campden tablet,cover,let stand over night,then add active yeast,recover,stir daily for 7 days,siphon into a secondary vessel,leaving all sediment behind,air lock,let sit 30 days,rack,leave all sediment behind ,add 1/4 cup of sugar in 1 cup of the wine dissolve completely,return to the wine in secondary,top up with water if nessesary,air lock,rack in 60 days,add 1/4 cup of sugar in 1 cup of wine,dissolve completely,return to secondary,wait 30 days rack again,add 1/4 cup of sugar to 1cup of the wine,dissolve sugar completely,when wine is clear,no sediment in the bottom of the secondary,stabilize,add sugar in needed,air lock for 10 days if no sign of fermentation,bottle let rest until 1 year old from day started.
it makes a nice wine.

Quick Reply