Electric Brewing Supply 30A BCS Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Wine, Mead, Cider, Sake & Soda > Wine Making Forum > Apple/peach wine: it be good

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-18-2007, 03:44 AM   #1
Bosh
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Default Apple/peach wine: it be good

Due to a wierd apple juice/peach/passion fruit cocktail being onsale in Costco I made a batch of it following the Apfelwein recipe (except for the juice substitution). After about a month in primary and about a week in bottles it already tasted great. Very champagne-ish with a nice tart taste and a good bit of mild peachiness that didn't overpower the generaly champagne-ish flavor. Didn't really taste any apple though. So if anyone wants to try something different using a mix of apple and peach juice or some kind of apple/peach juice cocktail gives some tasty results.

Nice strong kick too, probably a touch stronger than Apfelwein since the juice cocktail was disgustingly sweet when I started it up.

On deck: Oatmeal Stout
Primary: Bourbon Red Ale
Bottled: Dunkelweizen and Dunkel

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-18-2007, 08:41 AM   #2
Professor Frink

Recipes 

Liked 13 Times on 13 Posts

I just started a gallon of white grape peach-wine the other day, I'm looking forward to seeing how it turns out.

I also noticed it being stronger - the OG of the white grape peach-wine is much higher than my apfelwine was with the same proportion of corn sugar added.

On tap:Amber Ale
Milk Stout

Lagering:

http://www.lazydogbrewery.com

Old 07-18-2007, 10:42 AM   #3
MikeRLynch

Recipes 

Liked 8 Times on 8 Posts

I did a couple white grape-peach wines and discovered that the peach really adds a ton of body to the wine, even after complete fermentation (I used the concentrate). I aged one for a few months to see how it would mature, but it didn't change much at all. From my notes:

4 months in bottle: The flavor was much like it was when it was first made, the alcohol is a little smoother though. This might benefit from carbing and serving within a month or two.

OG was 1.06, FG was .999, approx ABV 8%.

This is a quick swmbo pleaser

mike

Follow us on Twitter
Like us on Facebook

Quick Reply