Here is the recipe as requested. I have listed the most basic version of this recipe - which is the most popular home brew for the masses. My next batch of this recipe will be a split yeast experiment (T58 vs. WB-06) with maybe some Crystal 20. I have made this brew many times and sometimes tweak it with various additional seasonal ingredients at the end of th boil. (Clove, Orange Peel & Coriander, Razzbeeries, Bluebeerries, etc)
Brew Log - JamMin's House Honey Wheat, 5 gallon batch
Brewers: JamMin!, CG
OG = 1.068, est max ABV=6.9%, SRM=4, ~ 23 IBUs, 119 cp12os
* Fermentables: 6# Wheat LME @ 65%, ~2.5# Honey @ ~25%, 1# Wheat DME 10%
* Water: Walmart spring water
* Hop Schedule: 1.0 oz Sterling @ 60 minutes (~23 IBUs, w/ 3g boil)
* Yeast: Safale US 05 (59-75 range)
* Ferm Plan: Use a 6 gallon BB carboy w/ airlock, @ 68 ambient temp for 10-14 days
6AM - Blow off tube is still actively bubbling, krausen is starting to settle down a bit.
6AM - The blowoff rig is going crazy (80bpm)! The overflow bottle was bubbling over. I cleaned it, checked the hose for clogs, sanitized the rig, and placed it all back in place.
6PM- blow tube was still @ 80bpm!
Brewed w/ just shy of 3# of honey (NB Amber blend). Yeast pitched in ~89F wort @ 3:30PM. This was our first 3G boil. We made an ice chill bath for the brew pot. Then we topped with 2G of cold water from fridge and it chilled in less than 30 minutes to 89F. Siphoned to a 6G BB carboy.
3-8PM @ 74 amb temp w/ no activity yet.
8PM - Moved to 66F ferm fridge and added a blow off rig (which I confirmed is REQUIRED for a 6G carboy!!!).
9PM - the blow off rig was starting to have some small burps @ 3bpm.