Originally Posted by Reaver
Care to share your recipe?
I got one from a Motorcycle acquaintance a couple years ago, stored in my save files. I tried it last fall and added WAY too much carbonation. I hadn't started reading things yet so I consider it a true experiment (failed!). I wonder what yours is ... it will take me a bit to dig up mine to share but I'll find it today.
Yeah don't mind. Here is what I did. I got 4 gallons of Jungle Fruit Juice it was dyed red and had a lot of preservatives including some that make it hard to ferment. I didn't boil them for that reason I just put them into the primary.
Then I added regular cheap sugar that I made into invert sugar by boiling with lemon juice to get the OG up to 1.100. 1 lbs dark rye malt. I added some yeast I had saved from my first batch of beer. Fermentation was real slow. There was never any cap at the top but slow bubbles.
In two half gallon bottles I fermented 1/2 gallon of pinnaple juice from a can. And in another I fermented grape juice made from frozen concentrate. Once they where kicking with fermentation I added them to the primary. They got things rolling real well. Then I pitched some champaign yeast. Bottled at .990
Then I froze it in the freezer with a cup of sugar in a half gallon container. Then poured out the unfrozen alcohol portion.....very strong!
I think that's pretty much how I did it.