I picked up some crushed grapes fresh from the crusher at a winery yesterday (Cabernet Franc!). I immediately added campden tablets at 1/gal, and put a loose lid on the bucket.
Today when I opened it up there it was brown on top and looked a bit foamy, like it was fermenting. It smelled a bit alcoholic, maybe a little vinegary? It tasted fine, just ever so slightly less sweet than yesterday.
I actually picked up these grapes for mixing into a few different types of beer, but figured the grape guys would know best. I just racked the beers onto several pounds of grapes each... but I'm worried that I introduced acetobacter or something funky.
Any thoughts or input? Assuage my fears maybe?