Happy HolidaySs Giveaway - Winners Re-Re-Re-Re-Re-Drawn - 24 hours to Claim!

Get your HBT Growlers, Shirts and Membership before the Rush!

Home Brew Forums > Wine, Mead, Cider, Sake & Soda > Wine Making Forum > 1st wine kit help

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-23-2009, 10:38 PM   #1
jtrage
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Default 1st wine kit help

I started a vitners reserve wine kit. I followed instructions to a tee, got to less than .980 before I went to the third step. I stirred as much as I could to get the CO2 out, until there were few to no bubbles. I left about 2 inches from the stopper. 3 days later I had wine in my airlock. I pulled a little off and replaced the airlock.

Is this batch screwed or can it be saved or what happened? I checked 2 days in a row to make sure fermentation stopped. What I pulled off didn't taste bad...

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-24-2009, 12:00 AM   #2
boo boo
Recipes 

Liked 30 Times on 26 Posts
Likes Given: 4

Just the wine out gassing CO2. nothing to worry about.

Your wine isn't screwed.

How do you BBQ an elephant....first you get your elephant....

Old 12-24-2009, 03:39 AM   #3
jtrage
Recipes 

Thanks. That's refreshing!! First thing my wife said was I'm not drinking that. Good thing I got at least 6 months to change her mind.

Old 12-24-2009, 04:25 AM   #4
Wade E
Beer Buster
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts

Im betting you had a low pressure storm system roll through. When you have little headspace (which is good) and a storm rolls through with barometric swings this can happen, Ive seen it in my basement many times, just give your wine a little more space, Have a swig of that wine to give it just a bit more room.

Quick Reply