Kegconnection Complete Starter Kit and More Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Wine, Mead, Cider, Sake & Soda > Wine Making Forum > 1st Strawberry Wine

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-04-2012, 10:20 PM   #1
Lancer033
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts
Likes Given: 15

Default 1st Strawberry Wine

I just finished bottling my 1st attempt at a wine. I roughly followed the recipe below, which is to say that I eyeballed the measurements for everything and didn't take any gravity readings or anything like that. Still 3 months later, i had enough wine to fill 9 375ml bottles and 1 glass left over to sample. Considering it's supposed to age for another year, it tastes pretty good. It will be fun to open up next summer and see what it tastes like

link

http://winemaking.jackkeller.net/reques5.asp

Quote:
Strawberry Wine (3)

3 1/2 lbs fresh chopped strawberries
1/4 lb. chopped golden raisins
1/4 lb. chopped dates
2-1/2 lbs. granulated sugar
1 1/2 tsp. acid blend
2 tsp. pectic enzyme
1/4 tsp. grape tannin
1 crushed Campden tablet
Champagne yeast and nutrient
Place chopped fruit in nylon jelly bag, tied. Place jelly bag and all other ingredients except Campden tablet, pectic enzyme and yeast in crock and cover with 5 pints boiling water. Stir well to dissolve sugar. Cover. After two hours add crushed Campden tablet. After additional 10 hours add pectic enzyme and 12 hours later add yeast. Cover and stir daily. On 7th day remove jelly bag and hang over bowl to collect juice. Allow to drain thoroughly without squeezing (about two hours). Pour all liquids into secondary fermentation vessel, top up to one gallon, fit fermentation trap, and set aside. Rack every 30 days. After 3rd racking, bottle when clear. Allow to age at least 1 year.

"I swear -- by my life and my love for it -- that I will never live for the sake of another man, nor ask another man to live for mine."

Pictures

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-06-2012, 12:32 PM   #2
gratus fermentatio
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 715 Times on 501 Posts
Likes Given: 1790

Hope it tastes as good as it looks, or better!
Regards, GF.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply