BIAB drawbacks?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It creates a loop that can be shortened and lengthened easily at the knot and holds the length when tension is applied. Attach the loop to a point in the ceiling, clip a biner to your bag, clip the loop on, lift the bag by pulling the standing end and making the loop shorter.

You can also use a Midshipman's Hitch:
http://www.animatedknots.com/midshipmans/

Thank you. I'll have to try it. I have a ratchet system but I'd like to see this work.

Be careful with the jam knot, as it can slip.

I would recommend the trucker's hitch because it's the most secure as well as providing mechanical advantage. You won't regret learning it if you don't know it already.

Be careful with the jam knot, as it can slip.

I would recommend the trucker's hitch because it's the most secure as well as providing mechanical advantage. You won't regret learning it if you don't know it already.

I like the truckers hitch. I always wanted to be able to put up a clothesline and a taunt line on the tent. Thanks again. :mug:

Back