New Giveaway - Wort Monster Conical Fermeneter!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Automated Brewing Forum > temp controller with delay timer?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-28-2013, 04:58 AM   #1
grathan
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 70 Times on 48 Posts
Likes Given: 26

Default temp controller with delay timer?

I'd like to set a timer the night before brew day and have strike water ready to go the next day.

I have a 1500 watt heating element.

I'd like to be under $75.

Something like this seams ideal.

http://www.auberins.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=239

It has both contactor relay and switching SSR versions, but I am not sure which is better?

thanks.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-29-2013, 01:47 AM   #2
grathan
Recipes 

Would something like a BCS-460 handle this task? It says 4 timers per process in the literature...Might be good to have more ins/outs down the road.

Does the 460 require a computer always on, or can I just control it with a phone logging in randomly?

Old 08-01-2013, 01:51 PM   #3
ChuckO

Recipes 

Liked 62 Times on 57 Posts
Likes Given: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by grathan View Post
Would something like a BCS-460 handle this task? It says 4 timers per process in the literature...Might be good to have more ins/outs down the road.

Does the 460 require a computer always on, or can I just control it with a phone logging in randomly?
You can use any browser device to log onto a BCS when you want to. The BCS stays running by itself and acts as a web device to start / stop / program it's processes as well as report conditions.

Old 08-01-2013, 04:32 PM   #4
grathan
Recipes 

Very cool. If there was a power outage would it continue the program or would my fermentor spike in temps when power came back?

Old 08-02-2013, 04:36 AM   #5
crane
Recipes 

Liked 20 Times on 17 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by grathan
Very cool. If there was a power outage would it continue the program or would my fermentor spike in temps when power came back?
You can set it to start running any/all of the programmed processes upon startup. You can create a process for each fermenter and set them to different temps. You can setup more complex processes with temperature ramps and soaking intervals.

Old 08-02-2013, 11:30 AM   #6
ChuckO

Recipes 

Liked 62 Times on 57 Posts
Likes Given: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by grathan View Post
You can have any or all processes start on power up, or after a power failure. Unfortunately, processes start with the first step when the power returns. I've set up my fermentation process to start with a compressor delay and then step to a temperature holding state. Restarting to a temperature ramp up/down might be a problem.

Quick Reply