Spike Brewing 12.5 Conical Fermenter Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Automated Brewing Forum > Source Code Sharing for Raspberry, Beaglebone, and Arduino?

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-30-2013, 08:45 PM   #31
jasper9
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Has anyone here written (or do you know where to find) a pid library in Python than can easily be repurposed into new projects? I'm hacking up the raspibrew code I found for my own needs because I haven't tried to figure out how pull just the pid library out.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-31-2013, 12:38 AM   #32
vortexau
Recipes 

Does this fit the bill?

http://code.activestate.com/recipes/577231-discrete-pid-controller/

Old 12-31-2013, 01:12 AM   #33
jasper9
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

oh sweet, my googlefu didn't find this one, thanks!

Old 12-31-2013, 07:58 AM   #34
tob77
Recipes 

Liked 6 Times on 4 Posts
Likes Given: 17

I wrote one based on the equation that I found in Rockwell Software's ControlLogix PLC documentation. It uses the velocity PID equation with independent gains.
https://github.com/tob77/BrewNpi/blob/master/pid.py

I'll try and post a little more info about the rest of my python project in the forum sometime tomorrow.

Old 03-20-2014, 04:40 PM   #35
seiniku
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Recipes 

I've been writing a electric brewery control system for awhile now. It's not pretty, but it does have a web interface and logs to a remote graphite server for nice graphs.
The code is up on github if anyone needs some ideas.
https://github.com/seiniku/drunken-control

Old 03-22-2014, 06:59 PM   #36
jimmayhugh
Turgid Member
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 46 Times on 41 Posts
Likes Given: 2

All of my code for my TeensyPi and TeensyNet projects are available on my github site, as well as a few other projects.

Old 04-21-2014, 08:25 PM   #37
snccoulter
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 45 Times on 30 Posts
Likes Given: 35

I have had a PI for a couple of weeks and am in the process of figuring out how to make it work. I have a temp gauge and some servos working now to get a led display working and tie them together into one program to read temps turn on a cooler or turn on heat belt and I will be happy for now.

“Fairy tales don't tell children that dragons exist; children already know that dragons exist. Fairy tales tell children that dragons can be killed.”
― G.K. Chesterton
http://whatalesyou.webs.com/

Old 05-03-2014, 04:56 AM   #38
hightechlofi
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Default Source Code Sharing for Raspberry, Beaglebone, and Arduino?

I am currently working on a beaglebone black to control my system. Eventually, I plant to add automation functionality, but that is down the line. My setup uses 12v pumps on the hlt, mlt, and rims tube, and a march 120v on the bk for whirlpool and chilling. I have four DS18B20 temp probes which let me monitor the temps (hlt, mlt, rims, and bk). All the pumps have flowmeters coupled to them so I can (eventually, still programming) see flowrates and set totalizers to track transfer volumes. I have ported the arduino pid library to javascript, as I am using bonescript/node.js to run everything. I plan to port the arduino auto tune library at some point too. I use the pid library to run my rims element for maintaining my mash temps, and will use it to let me set specific flowrates for my 12v pumps (for sparging, recirculating, etc). The system has a web front end so I can control everything from a computer or ipad.

Eventually I am going to opensource the code, but am waiting until I have it a little more complete, so it is not laughable.

Right now, this is my web interface (mocked up):
imageuploadedbyhome-brew1399092841.991280.jpg

At some point I will be starting a thread for the system and will be posting updates as I progress, probably once I have the code up on github.

Btw, if anybody from TI is reading this, I would love to talk

Sent from my iPad using Home Brew

Old 06-29-2014, 02:46 PM   #39
HDIr0n
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 6 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 26 Times on 24 Posts
Likes Given: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by hightechlofi View Post
I am currently working on a beaglebone black to control my system. Eventually, I plant to add automation functionality, but that is down the line. My setup uses 12v pumps on the hlt, mlt, and rims tube, and a march 120v on the bk for whirlpool and chilling. I have four DS18B20 temp probes which let me monitor the temps (hlt, mlt, rims, and bk). All the pumps have flowmeters coupled to them so I can (eventually, still programming) see flowrates and set totalizers to track transfer volumes. I have ported the arduino pid library to javascript, as I am using bonescript/node.js to run everything. I plan to port the arduino auto tune library at some point too. I use the pid library to run my rims element for maintaining my mash temps, and will use it to let me set specific flowrates for my 12v pumps (for sparging, recirculating, etc). The system has a web front end so I can control everything from a computer or ipad.

Eventually I am going to opensource the code, but am waiting until I have it a little more complete, so it is not laughable.

Right now, this is my web interface (mocked up):
Attachment 197133

At some point I will be starting a thread for the system and will be posting updates as I progress, probably once I have the code up on github.

Btw, if anybody from TI is reading this, I would love to talk

Sent from my iPad using Home Brew
Man I would love some more pics/info on your system!

-G

My Brutus 20 build

My Brutus/1550 Failed build

“Fermentation may have been a greater discovery than fire."

– David Wallace

Old 06-29-2014, 03:23 PM   #40
truvr
Recipes 

Liked 8 Times on 8 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickH View Post
I love sharing what I make. I turned a $13 propane burner into a natural gas one a few days ago, This unit will control it soon enough.
Would you be willing to share more details on this. I've been looking into economic options for getting a NG burner going but it is not exactly straightforward on how to do it, which parts to use, etc. I'd love to know more about how you plan to automate it too.

Quick Reply