*Ss Brewing Technologies Giveaway - Enter Now!*

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Automated Brewing Forum > simple temperature control with hot plate

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-18-2013, 04:53 PM   #1
it99
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Default simple temperature control with hot plate

I just want to do some simple temperature control for my 120 volt hot plate.
I am going get my water up to temp and then put it on my hot plate to maintain the temperatuerre for HLT batch sparging. Is there something easy that is prebuilt already or do you have to custom build something? THanks

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-18-2013, 08:57 PM   #2
crane
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 27 Times on 24 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Check out auberins.com. They have a bunch of prebuilt controllers for meat smokers and souis vide cooking. I would imaging that the souis vide controllers are meant for switching 120V where you would just need to plug in your hot plate and toss a temp probe in the water.

Old 03-18-2013, 11:32 PM   #3
helibrewer
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 209 Times on 185 Posts
Likes Given: 52

Quote:
Originally Posted by it99 View Post
I just want to do some simple temperature control for my 120 volt hot plate.
I am going get my water up to temp and then put it on my hot plate to maintain the temperatuerre for HLT batch sparging. Is there something easy that is prebuilt already or do you have to custom build something? THanks
A DIY STC-1000 controller will run you about $25 for the controller and another $15 for the parts to enclose it (enclosure, AC Outlet, power cord, wire, on/off master(optional)).

Primary:
Brite Tank/Lagering:
Kegged: Hefeweizen, Chocolate Hazelnut Porter, Kumquat Saison, Tart Cherry Cider, Belgian Tripel, Maibock Bock, Ommegang Abbey Ale Clone, Belgian Golden Strong, German Pils (WLP830)
Bottled: Belgian Quad (Grand Reserve), Derangement (Belgian Dark Strong)
On Deck:
My Site: www.restlesscellars.com

Quick Reply