Spike Brewing 12.5 Conical Fermenter Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Automated Brewing Forum > SCADA/HMI OpenAPC. - anybody with experience/knowledge?

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-19-2013, 03:38 PM   #1
aamcle
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Default SCADA/HMI OpenAPC. - anybody with experience/knowledge?

Afternoon all.

I would like to use a PC for control of my Braumeister inspired build, preferably running OpenAPC as it has a built in PID and can switch relays via the parallel port avoiding the need for expensive hardware.

Now the problem, although I have been a Super User on a DCS and have a background in databases I'm just spinning my wheels trying to learn OpenAPC.

If you can help or suggest some reading to give me the right background I would very much appreciated it.

Many Thanks.

Aamcle

PS. All there is, is one ppt100, one heating element and a pump that runs on a cycle nine minutes on one minute off. The mash needs to ramp and step, heating only on when the pump is running.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply