HBT 2014 Big Giveaway - 4/10 Re-Draw Winners Posted!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Automated Brewing Forum > PicoBrew Zymatic

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-09-2014, 03:57 AM   #151
jbaysurfer
Former future HOF Brewer
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 271 Times on 201 Posts
Likes Given: 530

Quote:
Originally Posted by earwig View Post
This thing is lame and will fail. People get into home brewing because it's fun and rewarding. Some people will buy this as a novelty item, use it twice, and then it'll be a dust collector. I mean, what is the point of this thing? It would be cheaper and easier to just buy some craft beer than to waste your time automating the process and waiting for it to ferment.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Home Brew mobile app
LOL @ your blunt honesty. Yes, for most people it will be a very expensive breadmaker. But then again, some DO still use their breadmakers...just nobody I know.

First Brew was thanksgiving 2011, I'm at 72 batches and counting (as of 3/23/2014), and ran out of room in my signature to list them all.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-11-2014, 01:11 PM   #152
Baja_Brewer
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 11 Times on 9 Posts
Likes Given: 4

I, for one, am looking forward to a full on review from a qualified early adopter. (By qualified I don't mean someone saying "hey guyz, never done this b4 but I love shock top and this thing makes gr8 beer :-0!!!!")

Sorry, my cynacism is probably carrying over from other forms.

Courage les garçons, et patience, vos femmes vont finir par apprécier la bière !

Old 02-12-2014, 11:32 PM   #153
Badger87
Recipes 

I've been brewing for over 30 years and find it harder and harder to find the toluene to brew, especially with 2 young kids. I just lost all my brew equipment in a fire and find this solution very appealing. If it makes good beer and gives you great control over the process, why not go with it? Who cares if someone from Microsoft came up with it or if he's a millionaire. If you have a good idea and people are willing to take a risk more power to you. I think I'm going to invest my money into it. Set and forget it. I've got enough receipts to give it a run for its money.

Old 02-13-2014, 12:14 AM   #154
IvanBrew
Recipes 

Liked 21 Times on 15 Posts
Likes Given: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Badger87 View Post
I've been brewing for over 30 years and find it harder and harder to find the toluene to brew...
I do hope that was a bad autocorrect... I don't think toluene is a commonly recognized ingredient in beer, or is that unique to the PicoBrew? lol

Old 02-13-2014, 01:51 AM   #155
johnsnownw
Recipes 

Liked 51 Times on 40 Posts
Likes Given: 9

Quote:
I've been brewing for over 30 years and find it harder and harder to find the toluene to brew, especially with 2 young kids. I just lost all my brew equipment in a fire and find this solution very appealing. If it makes good beer and gives you great control over the process, why not go with it? Who cares if someone from Microsoft came up with it or if he's a millionaire. If you have a good idea and people are willing to take a risk more power to you. I think I'm going to invest my money into it. Set and forget it. I've got enough receipts to give it a run for its money.
Sorry about the fire. I also have two kids, but manage to find time to brew.

The concerns over this machine have been discussed ad nauseum over the course of this thread. If you want to spend your money on this system that's your business. However, no one gives a rats behind about who's producing it...just that it works...and it hasn't been vetted yet.

As an aside, you've certainly been brewing for a long time...and I guess you waited a while to have kids...your late 40's? Anyway, nice 2nd post in 2 years...doesn't seem suspect at all.

Check out my friends art, or don't, whatever http://www.jvandike.com

Old 02-13-2014, 02:42 AM   #156
BadWolfBrewing
Recipes 

Liked 40 Times on 28 Posts

Hah, that is sort of eyebrow raising, between the 2 total posts and the timeline...

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Home Brew mobile app

Old 02-13-2014, 01:05 PM   #157
seefish
Recipes 

Liked 11 Times on 6 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnsnownw View Post
Sorry about the fire. I also have two kids, but manage to find time to brew.

The concerns over this machine have been discussed ad nauseum over the course of this thread. If you want to spend your money on this system that's your business. However, no one gives a rats behind about who's producing it...just that it works...and it hasn't been vetted yet.

As an aside, you've certainly been brewing for a long time...and I guess you waited a while to have kids...your late 40's? Anyway, nice 2nd post in 2 years...doesn't seem suspect at all.
Lol, the jerk store called, and they're running out of you. Not everyone is the same dude...why so defensive and suspicious?

I don't have any kids and I am interested to see what the reviews will be when it gets out there more.

Old 02-13-2014, 01:40 PM   #158
johnsnownw
Recipes 

Liked 51 Times on 40 Posts
Likes Given: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by seefish View Post
Lol, the jerk store called, and they're running out of you. Not everyone is the same dude...why so defensive and suspicious?

I don't have any kids and I am interested to see what the reviews will be when it gets out there more.
You seem new to the party. This has been happening in threads all over where the Picobrew system is discussed. That is, shills are showing up and leaving comments.

Check out my friends art, or don't, whatever http://www.jvandike.com

Old 02-13-2014, 03:26 PM   #159
BadWolfBrewing
Recipes 

Liked 40 Times on 28 Posts

Hey, I want to shill. Is this a paid position??? I'll start the ball rolling.

Since investing money in this product, my beers have been much more better and I got six-pack abs.

Now, to wait for the paychecks to start rolling in...

I've been reading this thread, just to see how the community reacts to this product. While there is no proof that shilling is happening, there has been some suspicious posting.

More and more, I am REALLY interested in seeing actual product reviews. If an experienced brewer has a lot of good things to say about the product and its results, I will have to rethink what I think I know about brewing. The trick will be to get a review that seems legit.

Old 02-13-2014, 06:45 PM   #160
TimelessCynic
Recipes 

Liked 35 Times on 27 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Quote:
I've been brewing for over 30 years and find it harder and harder to find the toluene to brew, especially with 2 young kids.

I am more interested in the expression. 'To find the toluene....' Was this an autocorrect issue? Toluene is a great solvent. I've used it before.

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

Quick Reply