Kegconnection Complete Starter Kit and More Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Automated Brewing Forum > New Retail Programmable Thermostat

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-02-2013, 03:17 PM   #11
Ruprect
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Just a few more days left on the Kickstarter for this project! Now's the time if you're interested!

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-02-2013, 06:51 AM   #12
Ruprect
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Just wanted to send out a quick reply to this post to anyone who has been following along. The Fermostat is getting very close retail completion. I have them up for pre-sale on my website for $124, which is a discount of 20% below the retail price. The plan is to start shipping later this month.

http://buy.ohmbrewautomations.com

Thanks!

Old 12-02-2013, 08:54 AM   #13
mattd2
Recipes 

Liked 233 Times on 190 Posts
Likes Given: 41

Looks like an awesome product, and considering a wired Ranco dual stage controller is $150 from morebeer it is a steal!
Good luck.
Just one quick question, are those plug sockets for IEC14 plugs? If so will a standard fridge need to have a new plug put on it to fit to the unit?

Old 12-03-2013, 01:38 AM   #14
Ruprect
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Thanks!
Yes they are IEC320 C14 sockets. However, the Fermostat ships with two power cords that plug into the C14 sockets and have a normal 15-5R receptacle on the other end, so it is the same as plugging in your fridge/heater into the wall.

I did this to allow for multiple power adapter standards for different countries. This way a new cord will allow it to work in a different country.

Old 12-03-2013, 02:09 AM   #15
mattd2
Recipes 

Liked 233 Times on 190 Posts
Likes Given: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruprect View Post
Thanks!
Yes they are IEC320 C14 sockets. However, the Fermostat ships with two power cords that plug into the C14 sockets and have a normal 15-5R receptacle on the other end, so it is the same as plugging in your fridge/heater into the wall.

I did this to allow for multiple power adapter standards for different countries. This way a new cord will allow it to work in a different country.
There is a method to the madness Good idea to make an international product! No issues with 120V / 240V?

Old 03-07-2014, 02:16 AM   #16
Ruprect
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Just wanted to send out another update to this thread for those that are following. The Fermostat is now in production and shipping immediately. All of the Kickstarter and Pre-Sale orders have been fulfilled and units are in stock.

If you unfamiliar, the Fermostat is a dual-stage programmable thermostat designed for automating the temperature profile of your fermentation process. It is capable of controlling up to 10 Amps (nominal, it can handle a higher in-rush current) per output. The Fermostat also contains a microSD Card slot to download historical temperature and control data to view on a computer. The SD Card slot also allows you to upload programs instead of creating them through the interface. A website to do these functions will be released in a week or two to create, store and share your programs.

The Fermostat is priced at or below the price you can get a Ranco dual-stage controller yet has considerably more functionality.

Here's a link if you want some more information about it:
http://ohmbrewautomations.com

Old 03-07-2014, 12:17 PM   #17
raysmithtx
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Recipes 

Liked 36 Times on 22 Posts
Likes Given: 1

I received mine and have used it for a lager and a couple of ales. The lager setting is a set and forget. Sets the ferm. temp, automatically raises to the diacety rest then drops to the lager temp. All done without any intervention on my part.

I have watched the temp variation and it runs about .3 degrees which is excellent. I also tested the temps against my calibrated thermometer and it was dead on.

I have no affiliation with this product other than being a happy customer but would definitely recommend the Ohmbrew. Simple, accurate and truly set and forget.

Quick Reply