The Great Bottle Opener Giveaway

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Automated Brewing Forum > Looking for advice on system plumbing.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-25-2013, 12:29 AM   #1
sam1el
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Default Looking for advice on system plumbing.

SO, I'm building a 2 tier 3 vessel system. MLT will be on higher platform than HLT and BK and I would like to stay with 1 pump. This shouldn't be a problem since I will be able to gravity feed both the hlt and the BK and use the 1 pump for recirc and sparge. I'm having a difficult time working out where the valves need to be and which should be 3 way and which should be 2 way. I see no reason why Ishould need more than 4-5 automated valves. I'm getting somewhat stuck on the layout. To be clear on the design. The MLT's platform will be in the middle of the bk and hlt I am working on drawing it up if I can find some decent software to do so.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-22-2013, 01:26 AM   #2
tyzippers
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 404 Times on 300 Posts
Likes Given: 147

Quick question, and maybe I'm misunderstanding your setup, but I believe you mention that you have a two-tier stand. How will you be able to transfer between the MLT and BK without a pump if they're on the same tier?

Old 02-22-2013, 06:21 PM   #3
alien
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 63 Times on 57 Posts
Likes Given: 61

OP said the MLT will be higher than the BK.

Old 02-22-2013, 11:30 PM   #4
tyzippers
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 404 Times on 300 Posts
Likes Given: 147

Quote:
Originally Posted by alien
OP said the MLT will be higher than the BK.
Good call. It's a rather odd design. I'd personally put the HLT on tier two and split the output of the pump with a three way valve to go to the HERM coil and the other to the BK. Might make more sense.

Check me out on Untappd. Or don't. See if I care.

Quick Reply