Happy HolidaySs Giveaway - Last Sponsor Giveaway of the Year!

Come Enter the BrewDeals/FastFerment Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Automated Brewing Forum > Help me scrutinize my control panel wiring diagram

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-27-2012, 05:22 AM   #11
FastTalker
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts
Likes Given: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by porcupine73 View Post
Or I've seen normally closed maintained pushbuttons that when you press it stays pressed in, and you twist the button then to release it again. I'm sure Allen Bradley has these though just putting the AB logo on something seems to increase the price about $70.
Yeah. This is the type of button I'm referring to--a real E-Stop button. Pulled-out the contacts are made and pushed-in the contacts open.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-16-2012, 10:52 PM   #12
Rbeckett
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 66 Times on 47 Posts
Likes Given: 29

Krazy,
Any progress with the system? I know kids do make demands but just wondered if you had made any headway and got your welding done. Thats a tough skill to pick up and run with after a long lay off so be carefull and do non critical welds first to get back into practice so you don't get leaks. Water + Leaks+ Electricity= Bad Day....
Wheelchair Bob

What do you mean "no Kidneys"???, WTF now I gotta drink less beer...
Join the Automation sub forum in Electric brewing for a discussion of components and control systems. I did!!!!

Old 10-17-2012, 04:13 AM   #13
krazydave
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 24 Times on 22 Posts
Likes Given: 3

Not much in terms of the stand, I spent a little time learning Sketchup though, I just need to measure everything out and get a plan and material list going so I can pay a visit to the local metal supplier.

I did punch all the holes in my control panel enclosure and get all the electronics mounted,but haven't found the time to wire it all up yet. All of my kettles are complete also, with jay bird false bottoms in the MLT and BK and all stainless pickup tubes, recirc ports and cam locks.

However, I start a new job Monday that's about an hour closer to my house than my current one. So I'm hoping that once things smooth out there, I'll be able to make some headway finally with the extra time that I'll have back.

Thanks for checking in though! I'll do my best to update everyone on my progress when I make some.

Old 10-17-2012, 07:27 PM   #14
Rbeckett
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 66 Times on 47 Posts
Likes Given: 29

KD,
Cool deal on the closer job. It will save you a ton on fuel too. i just went to home dialysis from in-clinic and it saves me around 150 a month just in gas. Plus I get three extra days a week to putter in my shop and cobble my system together. Gotta loveit...
Wheelchair Bob

What do you mean "no Kidneys"???, WTF now I gotta drink less beer...
Join the Automation sub forum in Electric brewing for a discussion of components and control systems. I did!!!!

Old 10-18-2012, 07:36 PM   #15
tommyg_17543
Recipes 

Krazydave,

I have a question for you. In looking at your schematic you show that you are powering the Auber controllers w/24vac. Question I have is that according to Auber, the input voltage needs to be between 85v and 460v ac/dc, so how does your controllers work?? Did you do something different than what you showed in your schematic?

Thanks,
tommyg_17543

Old 10-19-2012, 01:13 AM   #16
krazydave
Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommyg_17543
Krazydave,

I have a question for you. In looking at your schematic you show that you are powering the Auber controllers w/24vac. Question I have is that according to Auber, the input voltage needs to be between 85v and 460v ac/dc, so how does your controllers work?? Did you do something different than what you showed in your schematic?

Thanks,
tommyg_17543
Egads! It seems you are correct! Fortunately I haven't wired anything yet though, so it's an easy change. I'll update the diagram above soon to reflect the changes.

Thanks for catching that!

Old 10-24-2012, 01:42 AM   #17
krazydave
Recipes 

okay, the wiring diagram has been updated. I now have 120VAC going to the Aubers.

Old 10-24-2012, 01:48 AM   #18
tommyg_17543
Recipes 

Cool! I didn't see a pic attached to your post though?? Also, what are you using for a panel/enclosure?

Thanks,
tg

Old 10-24-2012, 01:55 AM   #19
krazydave
Recipes 

I updated the pic on the main page with the corrected version.
For my panel, I'm using a 12x12x6 box that I picked up at the local scrap yard for $10.
However, I'm also on the lookout for something larger as it's certainly a tight fit in that box. Still plenty do-able though.

Old 10-24-2012, 02:05 AM   #20
tommyg_17543
Recipes 

Thanks!

Quick Reply