New Giveaway - Wort Monster Conical Fermeneter!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Automated Brewing Forum > Electric BrewGaLoo 2.0 Automated Brutus 20 8-Valve System

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-04-2012, 02:46 PM   #21
Squeeky
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 15 Times on 14 Posts
Likes Given: 3

Well I'll be honest the spraging process can be fine tuned once the system is built! Things are getting closer then I expected. Looking to place an order for stainless fittings by end of the day.

Ordered Still To Place:

Mouser : (Pressure sensor, colored DIN terminals)
Stainless Brewing/Alloy&Stainless : (SS Fitting Order)
Ebay : (Enclosure w/ Backplate, DC Micro Pump, 2nd DC power supply, ?twist lock connectors)

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-04-2012, 09:36 PM   #22
Squeeky
Recipes 

Mouser order placed

Awaiting on price update from StainlessBrewing

Can't decide 12x12x6 or 16x12x6 enclsosure

Old 06-05-2012, 01:03 AM   #23
Rbeckett
Recipes 

Liked 60 Times on 45 Posts
Likes Given: 29

I use Bargain Fittings for all my stainless. They keep just aboy any fitting you would ever want in stock. Ship fast and have flat rate based on box size only. Thats where all my cam lock, weldless bulkhead fittings and manual valves came from so far. 16X12X6 if the price isnt out of site. More room for components to dissipate excess heat and easier wiring too. I was thinking of converting a breaker box from HD or Lowes for like 20 buck instead of a purpose built project box for considerably more money. Lots of knock outs for through cables and virgin metal for custom sized hole for connectors and sensors. Just sayin....
Bob

What do you mean "no Kidneys"???, WTF now I gotta drink less beer...
Join the Automation sub forum in Electric brewing for a discussion of components and control systems. I did!!!!

Last edited by Rbeckett; 06-05-2012 at 01:08 AM. Reason: Hit enter before I was done.

Old 06-06-2012, 09:02 PM   #24
Squeeky
Recipes 

Enclosure ordered 16x12x6 along with din rail and estop button. Still have to place my fitting order from stainless and alloy. This is coming together quicker then expect.

Old 06-07-2012, 11:02 AM   #25
Rbeckett
Recipes 

Squeeky,
Where did you order your control box from and if you dont mind, how much? I'm looking for about the same size or even slightly bigger. I thought of using a breaker panel box and replaceing the face plate with one I made. Do you have a link or pic of what you ordered?
Thanks!!
Wheelchair Bob

Join the Automation sub forum in Electric brewing for a discussion of components and control systems. I did!!!!

Old 06-07-2012, 01:30 PM   #26
Squeeky
Recipes 

On my mobile so can't easily copy and paste link. It was from electrical_parts (pioneer breaker) $60 for the 16x12x6 it was actually cheaper than the 12x12x6. Also ordered my Din rails and estop button from them. All for under 75,biggest issue box is heavy, but I really wanted a backpanel and on a budget.

Old 06-07-2012, 11:53 PM   #27
Squeeky
Recipes 

Mouser order came in today, darn these 6mm terminal blocks are small. Much smaller then I ever assumed. I will be placing the 120v and 12v on different rails.

Enclosure link

Old 06-12-2012, 01:45 PM   #28
Squeeky
Recipes 

Everything expected to arrive today except my pumps and stainless parts. Fittings are in transit, although I was not given a tracking # so they could arrive today DC pumps are from GreatBrewEh, which I was concerned until we all got an update last night.

Goal is to have system completed by my birthday on the 26th. Happy 30th to me!

Old 06-13-2012, 07:28 PM   #29
Rbeckett
Recipes 

Looks like you got it all under control. Did you look extensively for a suitable box or did this one just appeal to you. 60.00 bucks blows my whole months tinker budget but if it is a good deal and representative of whats available in that price range, then I will have to hit momma for a one time waiver of the budget rule. Thats a tough thing to get past the ministry of Finance and Internal accounting.... Any thoughts or input would be greatly appreciated squeeky.
Bob

Old 06-13-2012, 09:50 PM   #30
Squeeky
Recipes 

I looked hard for a water resistant enclosure, that had a backpanel. Yes a backpanel can be made with lexan, but I don't have all the tools. The 16x12 gives me plenty of room, and the removable door on the bottom will make drilling the holes for my connectors a breeze. I will likely have Power IN and Element Out coming out the side.

I bought an outlet, as oppose to an inlet so I gotta find some additional on ebay.

Quick Reply