Not a huge update. It has been over 100 degrees for the last week, so working in the garage hasn't been very appealing, but I did get a few small things completed.
I got the RIMS tube element installed as well as the cord built. I looks super cool.
The temp probes are built as well. I followed the instructions on Kal's site, with a few modifications. I used the 1/16" cable from Lowes instead of ordering 100' of the recommended cable.(smallest qty available) So I used 1/4" sleeve to fit over everything. Turned out pretty nice.
Everything powered up nicely. I found that a number of the switches and outlets were crossed. Since I didn't mark them on the inside of the panel I visually mixed them up. Nothing that swapping a few wires on the switches couldn't fix. I also boiled a pot of water to check that the probes worked properly. So far so good.
Hopefully the heat will let up and I can start reworking my old control panel. The plan is to make it a sub panel mounted under the rig to house the ignition controls. This will eliminate any issues with interference with the PID's.