Spike Brewing 12.5 Conical Fermenter Giveaway - Enter Now!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Automated Brewing Forum > Can't get Vr8200 gas valve to light main burner

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-19-2012, 01:41 AM   #1
Bugaboo
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts
Likes Given: 5

Default Can't get Vr8200 gas valve to light main burner

nevemind

"If you ever reach total enlightenment while drinking beer, I bet it makes beer shoot out your nose."
-Deep Thought, Jack Handy

"Brewers enjoy working to make beer as much as drinking beer instead of working."
-Harold Rudolph

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-19-2012, 12:22 PM   #2
gifty74
Recipes 

Liked 27 Times on 10 Posts
Likes Given: 6

What was the issue? Looking to hook mine up here in a few days.

Old 01-08-2013, 08:37 PM   #3
Bugaboo

Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Got mine to work. My problem was my wallwort was too low of a voltage. I thought that since the pilot was working the valve should turn on the main burner, but the pilot will actually light without electricity.

Did first beer with my new direct fire rims and man it destroyed my herms system. Stepped up from 147 to mashout very fast. This was with a 5 gal batch. We'll see how the rims works with a ten gal batch in a couple of weeks.

P.S. did have some gelatinized mash stuck on bottom of my mlt, but it wasn't scorched just a ring of sticky goo. Don't think it will impart any off-flavors

"If you ever reach total enlightenment while drinking beer, I bet it makes beer shoot out your nose."

"Brewers enjoy working to make beer as much as drinking beer instead of working."
-Harold Rudolph

Old 01-08-2013, 08:53 PM   #4
gifty74
Recipes 

Liked 27 Times on 10 Posts
Likes Given: 6

Nice! Trying to get my VR8200 plumbed in so I can brew with full automation this weekend. So can you post any pictures of where you mounted your pilot and your valve? I assume you have a shutoff valve after the VR8200? I have a smaller 10-tip ring burner, and it's pretty tight as far as where I can mount the pilot.

Old 01-10-2013, 02:54 PM   #5
Bugaboo

Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

My pilot is held against the burner with wire right now. Gonna get the welder out some time soon and do a proper mount off of my brew stand. I've seen the pilot screwed directly to the burner before

-Harold Rudolph

Quick Reply