Happy HolidaySs Giveaway - Last Sponsor Giveaway of the Year!

Come Enter the BrewDeals/FastFerment Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Automated Brewing Forum > Brewbot

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-03-2013, 11:24 PM   #21
RickH
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 5 Times on 5 Posts
Likes Given: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattd2 View Post
You could do the same with an Arduino - and as part of the open source creative commons licence of Arduino both PicoBrew and Brewbot should have to release their code (not sure how much use that would be though)
I really wish I had the money to play with to develop a "cheap" alternative, I suppose I could reduce some costs initially by not using automated valves and just pausing with an alarm to move the hose to the next step
This is true. The thread I started about source code is what I am hoping can turn into exact what your talking about. Or close atleast. Something open and cheap that you can customize to work with only what you have. Even if it just acts like a PID, a cool looking PID. We need more sharing of info!

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-03-2013, 11:43 PM   #22
mattd2
Recipes 

Liked 269 Times on 214 Posts
Likes Given: 46

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickH View Post
This is true. The thread I started about source code is what I am hoping can turn into exact what your talking about. Or close atleast. Something open and cheap that you can customize to work with only what you have. Even if it just acts like a PID, a cool looking PID. We need more sharing of info!
I'll be "sharing" "my" (i.e. my use of others libraries ) code for a 3.2" touchscreen control panel when it is done (in the future). At the moment it's got 2 buttons - next and prev. ... that is all

Old 10-07-2013, 07:41 PM   #23
newbies13
Recipes 

Liked 8 Times on 6 Posts
Likes Given: 17

I think the problem here is that they are trying to break into a niche market with an expensive product that doesn't really do that much. If you have never brewed beer at all, I could see this appealing to you, as you don't understand the process and it simplifies it for you. But a lot of home brewers are DIY and cost savings minded, and for the price being asked you could put together a pretty amazing all stainless non automated system. I just don't see someone wanting to spend 2000 bucks to start brewiung some beer.

Sure some of us wind up spending that anyway, but it's after we've been brewing for awhile and the hobby has really taken hold and it's not just about making beer.

3D Blueprint for making your own 10Gal Mash tun

Old 10-07-2013, 07:48 PM   #24
PDX_T
Recipes 

Liked 18 Times on 18 Posts
Likes Given: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by newbies13
I think the problem here is that they are trying to break into a niche market with an expensive product that doesn't really do that much. If you have never brewed beer at all, I could see this appealing to you, as you don't understand the process and it simplifies it for you. But a lot of home brewers are DIY and cost savings minded, and for the price being asked you could put together a pretty amazing all stainless non automated system. I just don't see someone wanting to spend 2000 bucks to start brewiung some beer.

Sure some of us wind up spending that anyway, but it's after we've been brewing for awhile and the hobby has really taken hold and it's not just about making beer.
People spend a ton on espresso machines. It's a fad, but one I'm willing to bet they'll win on.

Old 10-09-2013, 05:24 AM   #25
ReuFroman
Never enough brew gear money.
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 11 Times on 10 Posts
Likes Given: 5

That's really interesting. I don't know that I would have thought of that as a concept.

It will probably go but it's certainly not for me. Although it. Would be a great conversation piece in my office.

--------------------
It's ok to stare at my kegs! Just don't touch them!

Old 10-11-2013, 05:38 AM   #26
mux
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 67 Times on 55 Posts
Likes Given: 23

In my opinion, the whole idea of home brewing is my love of the process. Why the f!ck would I want a machine to let me know when my beer was done? Its to fancy- good thing its in Europe! Get in there, feel the heat, F8ck it up, brew it again, oh- sh!t its good. Repeat.

This "hobby" is becoming too trendy. The days of laughtring in a bucket must be over. Frowny face!

Quick Reply