New Giveaway - Wort Monster Conical Fermenter!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Automated Brewing Forum > 30A - three vessels running quazi-simultaneously.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-02-2013, 02:36 PM   #11
crane
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 20 Times on 17 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by crane
A simple way to implement failsafe hardware priorities is with PFETs. If your RIMS has priority over the HLT the connect the source of the PFET to the HLT control output and the gate to the RIMS control output. Finally connect the drain to the input of your SSR. This way the input to the HLT SSR will only be high when the HLT output is high and the RIMS output is low. This way you don't need those fancy logic gates that require their own power and ground connections. KISS
To expand this idea for your 3rd vessel you will need 2 more PFETs. The gate of PFET1 will be connected to the RIMS control output and the gate of PFET2 will be connected to the HLT control output. The source of PFET1 will be connected to the BK control output. The drain of PFET1 will be connected to the source of PFET2 and finally the drain of PFET2 will be connected to the BKs SSR input. This way the only time the BK will be on is when both RIMS and HLT control outputs are low and BK control output is high.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-01-2013, 08:44 PM   #12
alien
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 61 Times on 55 Posts
Likes Given: 61

After thinking this idea over for a while I don't really think it is worthwhile. The heating output combinations that I am most interested in are HLT + HEX and HLT + BK. So I am going with one HAND/OFF/AUTO switch for the HLT, a two way selector HEX/BK to select the second output, and then a second HAND/OFF/AUTO switch governing the second output.

Old 08-02-2013, 04:24 AM   #13
crane
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 20 Times on 17 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by alien
After thinking this idea over for a while I don't really think it is worthwhile. The heating output combinations that I am most interested in are HLT + HEX and HLT + BK. So I am going with one HAND/OFF/AUTO switch for the HLT, a two way selector HEX/BK to select the second output, and then a second HAND/OFF/AUTO switch governing the second output.
When you are in HLT + BK mode how will you operate both elements at once? You will still need something to prevent them from firing at the same time.

Old 08-02-2013, 12:05 PM   #14
alien
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 61 Times on 55 Posts
Likes Given: 61

Should have said, I have 50A service to the controller so it is no problem to have 2 elements going at the same time, but not all 3.

Quick Reply