New Giveaway - Wort Monster Conical Fermenter!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > Brewing Events & Local Gatherings > International > New Zealand pubs

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-13-2012, 10:38 PM   #11
Styles
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts
Likes Given: 10

Oh wow, I hadn't heard that! I'm sure that they'll be smart enough to keep it going as is...... Perhaps bottled C&B beer at your supermarket soon.....

I'm up on the shore this morning, so going to check out Deep Creek for lunch! I'm rather excited!

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-13-2012, 11:03 PM   #12
Pommy
Recipes 

Liked 11 Times on 10 Posts
Likes Given: 6

Yeah people were talking about it in Galbraiths yesterday, the beer is brewed under contract by Steam so I'm not sure what they will be doing. We were trying to look at how it could be a smart (anti-craft) business decision for them, which it presumably will be. Perhaps if they start brewing the beers at The Pride in East Tamaki they are hoping to take away a lot of Steam's business and put them in financial trouble? If that is the plan then hopefully a lot of small contract craft brews will be taken on cheap by Steam to keep production flowing and Lion's plan could backfire. It's certainly going to be interesting to see what their plan is and how it plays out. Enjoy your lunch and let us know how Deep Creek are doing, might give me the incentive I need to get over to the other side of the bridge.

Old 07-14-2012, 12:23 AM   #13
Pommy
Recipes 

10 characters

Last edited by Pommy; 07-14-2012 at 12:25 AM. Reason: double post

Old 03-18-2014, 08:24 AM   #14
Espressomattic
Recipes 

Liked 4 Times on 3 Posts
Likes Given: 5

The good George in hamilton is good but the beer is too cold and fizzy for my liking. Is there anywhere that does a decent hand pulled beer?

Old 03-18-2014, 10:08 AM   #15
Pommy
Recipes 

For a decent hand pulled beer up here your best bet would be Galbraiths or Vultures Lane in Auckland, Vultures have two and Galbraiths has about 8 of their own on handpull, Brothers Beer also recently installed one, not sure of options down Hamilton way if that's where you live? I wish we had one or two in every bar then I could do some casks, unfortunately that isn't going to happen for a while at least.

Quick Reply