Happy HolidaySs Giveaway - Last Sponsor Giveaway of the Year!

Come Enter the BrewDeals/FastFerment Giveaway!


Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > Brewing Events & Local Gatherings > International > New Zealand Brewers
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-12-2013, 12:46 AM   #261
crusader1612
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Christchurch, New Zealand
Posts: 628
Liked 28 Times on 27 Posts
Likes Given: 9

Default

hey Lunchie where do you get your labels from, that are on your blog?

__________________

Check out my Crusade for Better Beer out at: http://www.beercrusades.blogspot.co.nz/

crusader1612 is offline
 
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-12-2013, 02:04 AM   #262
Dubnorix
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 6
Likes Given: 1

Default

Hey guys, does anyone have a clue on the water around Auckland? North Shore/Albany area. Or where the best place is to chase one up?
Trying to improve my brewing and I think this is the next step that I need to work on.
Thanks for any help guys.

__________________
Dubnorix is offline
 
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-12-2013, 05:19 AM   #263
MacrosNZ
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Auckland, NZL
Posts: 66
Liked 5 Times on 5 Posts
Likes Given: 9

Default

Yay finally back home after a few weeks on the road working. Good to see my smoothcone has started flowering. Not long now I guess..



Should be bottling a pale ale using only Galaxy that was left in the fermentor soon too

__________________
MacrosNZ is offline
NZLunchie Likes This 
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-12-2013, 06:13 AM   #264
sockmerchant
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Auckland, Auckland, New Zealand
Posts: 225
Liked 20 Times on 20 Posts
Likes Given: 7

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dubnorix View Post
Hey guys, does anyone have a clue on the water around Auckland? North Shore/Albany area. Or where the best place is to chase one up?
Trying to improve my brewing and I think this is the next step that I need to work on.
Thanks for any help guys.
Try this

http://www.watercare.co.nz/SiteColle...ity_Report.pdf
__________________
www.mistakebrewing.com
Primary: DIPA, Quick Flanders, RIS, Flanders Red, Oud Bruin x 2, Fijoa Gose
Keg: Gose, Amber/APA
Bottled:Belgian strong ale with brett, Belgian strong ale, Belg Amber, Belg blonde, Belg dark Strong, Belg not-wit, Belg tripel, berry blonde, belg stout, coffee dubbel, chili APA, APA, Belgian Dubbel, Rye (Brett) Saison
sockmerchant is offline
 
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-12-2013, 06:18 AM   #265
sockmerchant
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Auckland, Auckland, New Zealand
Posts: 225
Liked 20 Times on 20 Posts
Likes Given: 7

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by crusader1612 View Post
hey Lunchie where do you get your labels from, that are on your blog?
Not sure about lunchie, but the easiest way is:

1) draw you pictures using whatever software
2) print on laser printer (NOT inket)
3) cut out
4) paint back of label with milk
5) stick on bottle
6) wipe clean
__________________
www.mistakebrewing.com
Primary: DIPA, Quick Flanders, RIS, Flanders Red, Oud Bruin x 2, Fijoa Gose
Keg: Gose, Amber/APA
Bottled:Belgian strong ale with brett, Belgian strong ale, Belg Amber, Belg blonde, Belg dark Strong, Belg not-wit, Belg tripel, berry blonde, belg stout, coffee dubbel, chili APA, APA, Belgian Dubbel, Rye (Brett) Saison
sockmerchant is offline
NZLunchie Likes This 
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-14-2013, 04:16 AM   #266
NZLunchie
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Palmerston North, New Zealand
Posts: 324
Liked 14 Times on 12 Posts
Likes Given: 119

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by crusader1612 View Post
hey Lunchie where do you get your labels from, that are on your blog?
Got them from a site on here. Kiwi guy as well - http://www.homebrewtalk.com/f46/beer...erator-180409/

I paid for the membership ad just play with other images in the background.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sockmerchant View Post
Not sure about lunchie, but the easiest way is:

1) draw you pictures using whatever software
2) print on laser printer (NOT inket)
3) cut out
4) paint back of label with milk
5) stick on bottle
6) wipe clean
Pretty much all I do, except I'm a rangi and use an inkjet. Doesn't run to much if you're quick
__________________
ManawaBrew Home Brew Blog
ManawaBrew on Facebook
ManawaBrew on Twitter

Follow me on Twitter
Check me out on Untappd
NZLunchie is online now
 
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-16-2013, 02:46 AM   #267
crusader1612
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Christchurch, New Zealand
Posts: 628
Liked 28 Times on 27 Posts
Likes Given: 9

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by NZLunchie

Got them from a site on here. Kiwi guy as well - http://www.homebrewtalk.com/f46/beer...erator-180409/

I paid for the membership ad just play with other images in the background.

Pretty much all I do, except I'm a rangi and use an inkjet. Doesn't run to much if you're quick
Nice one. Cheers for the hints guys.

Hey lunchie. I'll be making a modified version of your manawabrew pale ale. after you said cascade and mot pair pretty well I thought I'd better give it a go. I took inspiration from your grain bill which in turn obviously came from epic. Difference is I'm getting up further towards 60IBU and bittering with pacific gem.
__________________

Check out my Crusade for Better Beer out at: http://www.beercrusades.blogspot.co.nz/

crusader1612 is offline
 
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-16-2013, 08:06 PM   #268
NZLunchie
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Palmerston North, New Zealand
Posts: 324
Liked 14 Times on 12 Posts
Likes Given: 119

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by crusader1612 View Post
Nice one. Cheers for the hints guys.

Hey lunchie. I'll be making a modified version of your manawabrew pale ale. after you said cascade and mot pair pretty well I thought I'd better give it a go. I took inspiration from your grain bill which in turn obviously came from epic. Difference is I'm getting up further towards 60IBU and bittering with pacific gem.
Yep, its the same base as Epic, it just works so well. I think next time I do it, I'll sub out the olden Promise for Vienna, my new favourite base malt.

I've got my hands on some Simcoe so I think my next brew after mt Irish Red will be an IIPA, Simcoe, NZ & US Cascade and Centennial. Should be good.
__________________
ManawaBrew Home Brew Blog
ManawaBrew on Facebook
ManawaBrew on Twitter

Follow me on Twitter
Check me out on Untappd
NZLunchie is online now
 
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-16-2013, 09:13 PM   #269
crusader1612
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Christchurch, New Zealand
Posts: 628
Liked 28 Times on 27 Posts
Likes Given: 9

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by NZLunchie View Post
Yep, its the same base as Epic, it just works so well. I think next time I do it, I'll sub out the olden Promise for Vienna, my new favourite base malt.

I've got my hands on some Simcoe so I think my next brew after mt Irish Red will be an IIPA, Simcoe, NZ & US Cascade and Centennial. Should be good.
Yeah I noticed that simcoes around now...
Advice on IIPA, which is what I have in, mash Low at around 65, and go mental on the hops! mines an 11lt batch and ive got 120g in the kettle, plus another 80 in dryhop. lol have fun with it.
__________________

Check out my Crusade for Better Beer out at: http://www.beercrusades.blogspot.co.nz/

crusader1612 is offline
 
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-17-2013, 12:12 AM   #270
NZLunchie
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Palmerston North, New Zealand
Posts: 324
Liked 14 Times on 12 Posts
Likes Given: 119

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by crusader1612 View Post
Yeah I noticed that simcoes around now...
Advice on IIPA, which is what I have in, mash Low at around 65, and go mental on the hops! mines an 11lt batch and ive got 120g in the kettle, plus another 80 in dryhop. lol have fun with it.
Cheers for the advice. I've got a fair amount of hops in the freezer, so though I'd go nuts. 320g in 23L, should be good enough ya reckon?
__________________
ManawaBrew Home Brew Blog
ManawaBrew on Facebook
ManawaBrew on Twitter

Follow me on Twitter
Check me out on Untappd
NZLunchie is online now
 
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Reply



Quick Reply
Message:
Options
Thread Tools


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Southwestern Ontario Brewers davidparise International 49 09-17-2014 10:20 PM
New Zealand pubs Styles International 14 03-18-2014 11:08 AM
Costa rica brewers group caribbeanbrewguy International 8 12-24-2012 04:01 PM
Brewers in Tasmania dibby33 International 6 05-23-2007 03:35 AM



Newest Threads

LATEST SPONSOR DEALS