Happy HolidaySs Giveaway - Winners Re-Re-Re-Re-Re-Drawn - 24 hours to Claim!

Get your HBT Growlers, Shirts and Membership before the Rush!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > Brewing Events & Local Gatherings > International > Need advice in old London towne

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-07-2011, 07:20 PM   #1
binkman
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 10 Times on 6 Posts
Likes Given: 2

I will be in London staying off Russell square the night of July 11th and I'm dying to find a real yummy cask Porter SOMEWHERE in London. I've been in Edinburgh for a week and cant find any cask porters or stouts, I need to scratch this itch. Thanks!

Bottled: B'more Malty Pale Ale — Orfy's Bitter — Swinging Hammock Summer Kölsch — Dry-Hopped Bitter — Apfelwein — Pumpkin ale — B'more Malty Pale Ale — Kitchen Sink Red — Cider — Spontaneous Cider — Armistice Barleywine

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-08-2011, 04:48 AM   #2
bierhaus15
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 76 Times on 56 Posts
Likes Given: 10

You should check out the "Harp" in Covenant Garden. It is not far from Russel Square and is well noted for its selection of cask and local brews. Actually, google says it just won CAMRA pub of the year 2011!? It's been ages since I've been there but they used to have mild/porter on cask pretty often. Ah man, I want to back so bad...

Also, Neal's Yard cheese shop isn't too far away from the Harp. If you are into traditional English cheeses, it's one of the best. Pretty famous too.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Newest Threads

LATEST SPONSOR DEALS