Happy HolidaySs Giveaway - Winners Re-Re-Drawn - 24 hours to Claim!

Get your HBT Growlers, Shirts and Membership before the Rush!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > Brewing Events & Local Gatherings > International > Kafe Belgie in Utrecht

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-28-2010, 10:30 PM   #1
jvlpdillon
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts
Likes Given: 11

Default Kafe Belgie in Utrecht

I was lucky enough to be in Holland last week, Utrecht to be exact. Utrecht is about 30 minutes south of Amsterdam by train. I made the pilgrimage to Kafe Belgie. 20 beers on tap, 200 more in bottles.

Was pleased to try some things I do not believe are available in the US. Leffe Bruin, Urthel Hop-It, Hoegaarden Grand Cru, Schneider Weiss Hefe, Kamikaze: their house brew.

While there were selections from all over most of the selections were from Belgium, as the name would suggest. Only 3 were from the US; Anchor Porter, Anchor Steam, and BUD. I was especially pleased to see that a Duvel was 3.30 Euro, and Budweiser was 4.00 Euro.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-29-2010, 09:54 PM   #2
DelftBlue
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Utrecht is a lovely city - one of Holland's nicest cities I think and lots of students which gives it a nice relaxed feel.

If you ever get back to Utrecht it's worth looking out for beer from "De Leckere" - a small brewery based just outside Utrecht.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Newest Threads

LATEST SPONSOR DEALS