Spike Brewing 12.5 Conical Fermenter Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > Brewing Events & Local Gatherings > International > Homebrewers in Kenya?

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-08-2010, 04:23 AM   #1
ravipatel888
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Default Homebrewers in Kenya?

I'm looking to move to Nairobi, Kenya, and I'm wondering if there is an active homebrewing community there. Any ideas?

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-08-2010, 02:58 PM   #2
djinn88
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

I would guess there aren't many home brewers there. But if you went and produced a good product I'm sure you could make some converts! If people are brewing anything it is likely a home brew of some type of local ingredients that make something that is not similar to beer. Maybe they even make liquor rather than beer, I would imagine the laws are not the same as here in the U.S.

On a worst case scenario, maybe home brewing is not allowed at all. For practical information I would contact whoever you know that is living there, or search for their laws regarding brewing.

EDIT: google search "nairobi beer"- http://www.woodmoorbeer.org/Pages/Nairobi_beer1.html
That guy is going to start homebrewing to counter the cost of beer there. Probably best to affiliate yourself with the guys at the U.S. Embassy. They are your likely "home brew buddies."

Quote:
Originally Posted by BierMuncher View Post
If the inside of your fermenter looks like there was a monkey pooh throwing contest...you're golden.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply