Happy HolidaySs Giveaway - Last Sponsor Giveaway of the Year!

Come Enter the BrewDeals/FastFerment Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > Brewing Events & Local Gatherings > International > Home brewing in Japan

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-15-2012, 04:07 AM   #181
JiBiru8
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by OppamaBrendan View Post
I don't know, I sent Chuwy a message to see if he knows. A few of the people I met last time are busy and wont be there. Even then, with an event on Monday for me I can't let myself get too messy. I am thinking maybe I will pass this one up and we could try to get a small meetup together from the HBT group at a later date?
Just checked the mailing list, there are 61 people that are going.

I think I'll pass on tomorrow, though I've never been to Popeye's and have been meaning to go.

I am all for getting together with the HBT group at a later date!

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-15-2012, 09:41 AM   #182
OppamaBrendan
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Recipes 

Liked 23 Times on 18 Posts
Likes Given: 29

Guess I'll sleep on it see how I feel in the morning.

I started getting a bit concerned about my beers freezing in the crawlspace under the house, pulled them out this afternoon. I forgot I had so many down there, summer beers cleaned up their flavors significantly

Old 12-16-2012, 01:51 AM   #183
tektonjp
Recipes 

Liked 63 Times on 43 Posts
Likes Given: 55

Quote:
Originally Posted by srgwuggles
By the way I have a friend who wants me to make a yuengling clone. I check around but it doesn't seem that I can get ahold of the ingredients needed for it here. Namely crystal malt 10. Anyone ever tried this? Or any suggestions? Thanks
You can get C15 from Advanced Brewing.

"Beer, well respected and rightly consumed, can be a gift of God. It is one of his mysteries, which it was his delight to conceal and the glory of kings to search out."

The Search for God and Guinness by Stephen Mansfield

Old 12-16-2012, 01:55 AM   #184
tektonjp
Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpearce

I looked this up on ebay and, wow they are cheap. Have you used one before? I need something that will turn on and off my heater while I am asleep or at work, can this do that?
They work great. With a basic knowledge of DIY skills, you can make a box and connections for it. I have two freezers for fermentation and each is hooked up to a controller.

"Beer, well respected and rightly consumed, can be a gift of God. It is one of his mysteries, which it was his delight to conceal and the glory of kings to search out."

Old 12-16-2012, 01:16 PM   #185
OppamaBrendan
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Recipes 

Wow, i have never had an ebay account but for 15 USD free int shipping i can afford that temp controller, and maybe pick up the refractometer i was eyeing. I wish I had space for 2 freezers though! Ill be lucky if swmbo lets me buy one and keep it outside

Old 12-16-2012, 02:46 PM   #186
mpearce
Recipes 

Liked 5 Times on 5 Posts
Likes Given: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by tektonjp

They work great. With a basic knowledge of DIY skills, you can make a box and connections for it. I have two freezers for fermentation and each is hooked up to a controller.
Well I haven't played with this kind of thing can someone who has wired one tell us what they did? Would save me a lot of time.

Old 12-16-2012, 02:49 PM   #187
mpearce
Recipes 

Liked 5 Times on 5 Posts
Likes Given: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by OppamaBrendan
Wow, i have never had an ebay account but for 15 USD free int shipping i can afford that temp controller, and maybe pick up the refractometer i was eyeing. I wish I had space for 2 freezers though! Ill be lucky if swmbo lets me buy one and keep it outside
Haven't been married that long have you? You have to line up friends that will cover for you. Example: honey look what Jim gave me! He doesn't need a small freezer/fridge and wanted to get rid of it. I told him I would give him 12 bottles of beer for it.

This will let her see that your brewing pays off too. Call Jim and say cover for me. And it is all good.

Old 12-17-2012, 01:51 AM   #188
tektonjp
Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpearce View Post
Well I haven't played with this kind of thing can someone who has wired one tell us what they did? Would save me a lot of time.
I won't go into details on this thread as there is a great thread covering this here:
http://www.homebrewtalk.com/f51/ebay...-build-163849/
this:
http://myrtlebeachbeerlovers.com/stc...re-controller/

If you have any questions, let me know. You need a box, receptacle set (one "plate" with two plugins if you want to heat and cool). Some 1.6 mm house wire and some type of power cord to supply the power.

Old 12-17-2012, 01:55 AM   #189
tektonjp
Recipes 

image-812290941.jpg

This controls two chambers.

mpearce Likes This 
Old 12-17-2012, 07:59 AM   #190
OppamaBrendan
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpearce View Post
Haven't been married that long have you? You have to line up friends that will cover for you. Example: honey look what Jim gave me! He doesn't need a small freezer/fridge and wanted to get rid of it. I told him I would give him 12 bottles of beer for it.

This will let her see that your brewing pays off too. Call Jim and say cover for me. And it is all good.
Not married at all, 6 years of dating her I know I got to take one thing at a time, this years plan is a cooling unit of some kind 3 types of hops and a propane burner outside. Her obsessions take space too, right now we have a dozen bottle gourd lamps in the next room and she has a workshop set up in the genkan to build/carve them.

tektonjp thats a nice setup, I will def build one when I get a fridge or freezer. I watched a vid on youtube that pointed out something important about the stc1000; they had a different connection setup on theirs than a common diagram found on the net, we need to check the diagram on the device when wiring it to be sure.

Quick Reply