Spike Brewing 12.5 Conical Fermenter Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > Brewing Events & Local Gatherings > International > Canadian Roll Call!!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-21-2012, 10:33 PM   #21
brewmastercontrols
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 11 Times on 9 Posts

OOOOO Canada..... then the French part.....

Dustin

Check out our National Home Brew Day Give Away we are giving away a pICO HERMS or RIMS electric brewing control system, a value over $2250!

Looking for an electric brewery HERMS, RIMS, and Fermentation control? www.brewmastercontrols.com provides a pre assembled and tested ready to brew control solution out of the box.

http://www.homebrewtalk.com/signatur...pic28592_2.gif

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-21-2012, 10:49 PM   #22
Cromwell
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Recipes 

Liked 72 Times on 59 Posts
Likes Given: 132

If a hoped-for job offer comes through, I might be moving to Calgary. But nobody from Calgary has responded yet...

Primary: Beer / Secondary: Beer / Lagering: Old beer.

Old 11-21-2012, 10:52 PM   #23
brewmastercontrols
Recipes 

Liked 11 Times on 9 Posts

Watch out... taxes are very high up here and cost of living is as bad or worse than even LA.... Then you can not get good access to parts or good beer!

I am an X Newport Beacher who lives north of Toronto by 1 hour. This place makes SOCAL look cost effective...

Dustin

Check out our National Home Brew Day Give Away we are giving away a pICO HERMS or RIMS electric brewing control system, a value over $2250!

Looking for an electric brewery HERMS, RIMS, and Fermentation control? www.brewmastercontrols.com provides a pre assembled and tested ready to brew control solution out of the box.

http://www.homebrewtalk.com/signatur...pic28592_2.gif

Old 11-21-2012, 11:18 PM   #24
gbx
Recipes 

Liked 68 Times on 57 Posts
Likes Given: 1

I'm in vancouver and brew english session beers, german lagers using a canadian tire propane turkey fryer for 17L BIAB batches.

Old 11-22-2012, 02:54 AM   #25
HopHoarder
Recipes 

Liked 14 Times on 14 Posts
Likes Given: 29

I'm an A.G. brewer from Chilliwack BC where hops were grown commercially for over 100 years! Still "wild" hops growing in the blackberries on the edges of the former hop fields but no one knows what varietals they are. I've been AG brewing most of this year and before that was doing Coopers/ Brewhouse kits since 2006. I use a 50 and 20litre SS pots, homemade 48qt Coleman cooler mashtun with custom SS false bottom and 70,000BTU propane burner. I only bottle so far but I'm happy with that.

In Secondary:Rakau/ Kohatu (Kohatu-Jak) IPA
In Secondary: Flanders Reds
[B]Chocolate Pecan Pumpkin Porter[B]

Recently Bottled:
Comet/ Belma IPA
TatFug IPA

Old 11-22-2012, 06:52 AM   #26
gbx
Recipes 

...to all the Vancouver area brewers, checkout the vanbrewers homebrew club (if you haven't already). A great way to meet other homebrewers, try what other people are brewing and get in on bulk grain and hop buys that can get almost anything (a must if you want to brew something british and don't want to use gambrinus esb and domestic goldings)

Old 11-22-2012, 07:12 AM   #27
Unusmundus
Recipes 

Liked 4 Times on 3 Posts
Likes Given: 26

Seriously? No Nova Scotians here?!

Old 11-22-2012, 07:27 AM   #28
DroolingNeoBrewery
Recipes 

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts
Likes Given: 7

Kamloops BC here. Mini mash on the stove, but asking for a turkey fryer for Christmas to make the switch to all grain. Been brewing about 1 year.

Next: Irish Red Ale, Mild, BC Pale, Scotch Ale, Helles, Pils
Planning: Bombardier clone (The real ale cask version, not that sh!te in the bottles)
P1: Chocolate Oatmeal Stout P2: Pear Wine P3: Air P4: Oxyclean
Keg 1: Stout Stout Keg 2: Dead Intruder Mailbock
Bottled: Lots

Old 11-23-2012, 12:20 AM   #29
MoreHops
Recipes 

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

Am from Vancouver and pretty new to HBT. Also fairly new to home brewing. Started 7 months ago with kits (tried Coopers ESB and then Barons IPA). Found both lacking something (eg body). So moved into malt extract (amber ale and then an IPA, both dry-hopped). Still wasn't satisfied. So am now on my 3rd batch of all-grain (have a Nut Brown in secondary) after doing 2 pale ales, both with the same grain bill & hop schedule, but dabbling in water chemistry and changing yeasts. Results are improving... but my efficiencies are a bit low.
Invested in Beersmith last week (bad timing on my part since it's on sale this weekend), but I think it'll help me out a bunch. Now am just waiting to free up my gear to brew another batch.

Old 11-23-2012, 01:17 AM   #30
gbx
Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoreHops View Post
Am from Vancouver and pretty new to HBT. Also fairly new to home brewing. Started 7 months ago with kits (tried Coopers ESB and then Barons IPA). Found both lacking something (eg body). So moved into malt extract (amber ale and then an IPA, both dry-hopped). Still wasn't satisfied. So am now on my 3rd batch of all-grain (have a Nut Brown in secondary) after doing 2 pale ales, both with the same grain bill & hop schedule, but dabbling in water chemistry and changing yeasts. Results are improving... but my efficiencies are a bit low.
Invested in Beersmith last week (bad timing on my part since it's on sale this weekend), but I think it'll help me out a bunch. Now am just waiting to free up my gear to brew another batch.
Before messing with the near perfect vancouver water read this http://www.homebrewtalk.com/f128/brewing-water-chemistry-primer-198460/ It discusses brewing with RO water which is essentially what comes out of our taps here. Most of what is written in homebrew books deals with the hard water that plagues most north american brewers and doesn't apply to us.

Quick Reply