Kegconnection Complete Starter Kit and More Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > Brewing Events & Local Gatherings > International > Anyone in okinawa

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-30-2012, 08:19 AM   #121
Chap
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 15 Times on 11 Posts
Likes Given: 48

Quote:
Originally Posted by kasky99 View Post
Hey, I am stationed in Tokyo and wanted to know if you knew where I could find one of those Co2 adapters. Either one for the tank or one for the regulator, either way is fine. I have been looking for weeks but all I found was a place that rented out tanks, but not regulators. The problem being that my regulator is US standard.
The local places that rent CO2 here also sell the adapters. Don't know where they would be sold other than the gas places. Sorry, little help from me.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-30-2012, 08:51 AM   #122
kasky99
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts
Likes Given: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chap

The local places that rent CO2 here also sell the adapters. Don't know where they would be sold other than the gas places. Sorry, little help from me.
Hey if I sent you some cash do you think you could hook me up?

If you are ever 100% sure about anything, there is a good chance you are wrong.

Old 06-30-2012, 02:19 PM   #123
Chap
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by kasky99 View Post
Hey if I sent you some cash do you think you could hook me up?
Yeah that shouldn't be a problem but I hope you aren't in a hurry. I won't be able to get to the gas place until next Saturday at the earliest. I'm assuming you have an FPO/APO address? My receipt from last years looks like I paid ~2700 Yen, should still be pretty close to that.

Old 08-26-2012, 07:19 AM   #124
howdybilly
Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chap
I'm on Kadena (work on Courtney), if you ever want to stop by to brew or have a brew just let me know. Hopefully brewing a Barley Wine this weekend and a Dunkelweizen and IPA in the upcoming weeks!
Okinawans-

I'm a beginning brewer, about to bottle my first batch of pale ale. Good to know there are others on island. I'm on Kadena, would love to get some pointers from more experienced folks. I'll probably grow impatient with my batch (7 days in the secondary) since the typhoon has us trapped in the house and bottle i will prematurely. It looks like I'm stuck at 1.020 anyway. Should have some finished bottles in a week or so and I'd like to share/trade with some other brewers.

Cheers
- Bill

Old 08-26-2012, 08:53 AM   #125
Chap
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by howdybilly View Post
Okinawans-

I'm a beginning brewer, about to bottle my first batch of pale ale. Good to know there are others on island. I'm on Kadena, would love to get some pointers from more experienced folks. I'll probably grow impatient with my batch (7 days in the secondary) since the typhoon has us trapped in the house and bottle i will prematurely. It looks like I'm stuck at 1.020 anyway. Should have some finished bottles in a week or so and I'd like to share/trade with some other brewers.

Cheers
- Bill
Bill,
Welcome. I'm in Jennings by the Olympic shoppette. Racked an American Wheat onto 5lbs of raspberries yesterday, hopefully it will be ready in a week or 2. Have a IPA/APA and Brown Ale on tap. Would love to share/ trade.

Old 08-26-2012, 11:12 PM   #126
Rpwallace1
Recipes 

Likes Given: 1

Howdy Howdybilly,
Also in Jennings on Kadena here. I've got a few bottles of nut brown ales left and have a pumpkin ale sitting in the primary. Looking into all-grain brewing soon, just haven't pulled the trigger on the few new purchases I'd need. I'll be able to share the pumpkin ale by the second week of September, cheers!

Old 08-27-2012, 07:11 AM   #127
howdybilly
Recipes 

Thanks for the response, I went ahead and bottled the pale ale- it kept the kids occupied during the typhoon. Looking forward to some feedback when these are ready.

Old 08-28-2012, 02:24 PM   #128
blstr
Recipes 

Hey Bill!

I'm on Kadena over by Jack's Place and I kept the kids busy capping my porter for the typhoon...let me know if you want to a little swapping. I've only got a couple of brews under my belt so, buyer beware!

Ben

Old 10-08-2012, 11:04 AM   #129
Scar
Recipes 

Also just got to Kadena, over in Stearly Heights. Waiting on HHG before I brew, probably 2nd weekend in Nov... Looks like I'll try and join that FB page as well. Confirm no real issues getting yeast from Midwest or another online HB store? I'll also need directions to the CO2 refill place. My comm skills off base are not so good so if someone can tell me exactly what to ask for that would be great. I saw something about an adapter and that we can rent the keg, are the guys at the store helpful?

Thanks,
Scar

Old 10-09-2012, 01:35 PM   #130
blstr
Recipes 

Welcome to the island! If you want faster replys to Oki specific things you'll get a faster response on the Okinawa Brewers Facebook page.

Quick Reply