Happy HolidaySs Giveaway - Last Sponsor Giveaway of the Year!

Come Enter the BrewDeals/FastFerment Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > Brewing Events & Local Gatherings > International > Any homebrewers in the Kaiserslautern/Ramstein, Germany area?

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-19-2013, 07:03 AM   #61
mrkabal
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Willkommen!

I'm about 30 minutes from there, I work at the military hospital in Landstuhl. It's a beautiful area, and drinking is part of the culture in these parts so there are a lot of small breweries to hang out in. Not much in the way of big cities, though Trier gets its share of punk shows if your user name is any indication as to what kind of music you like. And if you like beer fests, there's a huge one in Stuttgart in September that rivals Oktoberfest. Shoot me a PM when you get here and we'll grab a pint!

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-19-2013, 10:13 PM   #62
drinkdrankpunk
Recipes 

Liked 13 Times on 10 Posts
Likes Given: 10

Right on I will hit you up when I get all settled out there. And yep I was looking forward to catching some shows out there too. I here there is a pretty big rockabilly/physcobilly scene there.

Old 04-24-2013, 09:07 PM   #63
tchuklobrau
Recipes 

Liked 15 Times on 14 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by chriswilkes33 View Post
Good looking out, It seems like the big warehouse is in Wallertheim which is about a 5 minute drive from my house in Worrstadt. Ill definitely call them first. I was thinking of making the 3 hour drive to Bamberg to pick grain up...and maybe for a rauchbier or 10. Best Malz Rauch malt is better anyway though in my opinion Never used their 2 row before but I always used their wheat and pils malt in the states too.
I have used their pils malt several times(three 55lb sacks worth) in the states, I was very happy with it.

Old 04-28-2013, 01:48 PM   #64
socalboarder
Recipes 

Glad i found this thread. I live in the Kaiserslautern/Ramstein area. I do all grain 5 gal batches here. I saw several posts about CO2 bottles. The best thing is to buy a European tank and regulator ( you can swap regulator nuts to use your US regulator). There is a bar supply store in K-town, and a welding supply shop that will refill bottles as long as they are European. I went through the US/metric thing a few months back. I just completed my keeper this weekend and have an IPA and a Belgian in it ready to go. I have an Irish red in secondary and about to do some cider soon. It would be nice for us in the K-town area to get together and brew sometime!

Old 04-28-2013, 03:28 PM   #65
Dirty25
Recipes 

Liked 12 Times on 11 Posts
Likes Given: 26

Socal, can you tell me where this bar supply store is? Do they sell co2 bottles there also?

I seen a couple places online here that sell co2 bottles I need to get one of them soon. I still don't have a fridge/kegorator yet so I am not in to big of a hurry though.

Old 04-28-2013, 03:29 PM   #66
Dirty25
Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by socalboarder
Glad i found this thread. I live in the Kaiserslautern/Ramstein area. I do all grain 5 gal batches here. I saw several posts about CO2 bottles. The best thing is to buy a European tank and regulator ( you can swap regulator nuts to use your US regulator). There is a bar supply store in K-town, and a welding supply shop that will refill bottles as long as they are European. I went through the US/metric thing a few months back. I just completed my keeper this weekend and have an IPA and a Belgian in it ready to go. I have an Irish red in secondary and about to do some cider soon. It would be nice for us in the K-town area to get together and brew sometime!
I would like to get together for a brew day. I have a few empty fermenters so maybe soon we should brew.

Old 04-29-2013, 06:32 AM   #67
chriswilkes33
Recipes 

Liked 11 Times on 10 Posts
Likes Given: 6

I will be on the next plane burning from Afghan back to Germany, hopefully tonight. I am looking to try and get my first Germany brew going maybe the 11th of May, although that is still very much up in the air. Ill start posting my brew days, probably will typically be Saturdays and anyone is welcome to come by and throw back some brew and laugh at me when I boil over. Worrstadt is about a half hour from Ramstein and I guess just a little closer from K'town. I will likely be brewing every couple weeks for a few months to get the pipeline going again (of course need to get an Oktoberfest going now my annual Wilkestoberfest party)

Old 04-30-2013, 08:18 PM   #68
socalboarder
Recipes 

Dirty25, the store is called Walter Busch & Söhne. they sell CO2 bottles there as I bought my 3kg bottle from them. The bottle was about 100 euros and came filled.

Old 05-02-2013, 04:10 AM   #69
drinkdrankpunk
Recipes 

Liked 13 Times on 10 Posts
Likes Given: 10

Just got my dates and it looks like I will be in baumholder on the 3 or 4th of june and looks like I will be with out the OL for a little while so I will be looking for someone to hang out and drink with.

Old 05-02-2013, 04:14 PM   #70
Dirty25
Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by socalboarder
Dirty25, the store is called Walter Busch & Söhne. they sell CO2 bottles there as I bought my 3kg bottle from them. The bottle was about 100 euros and came filled.
Thanks ill check them out.

Quick Reply