Kegconnection Complete Starter Kit and More Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > Brewing Events & Local Gatherings > International > Any brewers In the Suffolk area of England?

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-16-2013, 12:03 PM   #51
boomer135
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Don't worry about the bottles, fellas. I appreciate the gesture though. I'm still holding out on the current batch to keg it, but I'm still waiting to receive the regulator nut in the mail. The online welding supply place that I ordered it from had them on back order apparently. So it should be here next week, then I can just keg the beer instead. I was just trying to avoid moving the beer to a secondary.

As far as the club goes, I'm for sure in! I'll be away for some training in November, but other than that, my schedule is clear!

Why do I brew my own? Not because its cheap, in my experience, it's way more expensive (up front) than just buying from the store. Especially after I bought all this kegging stuff the last month or so... I brew because I needed a hobby, and I like the feeling of accomplishment I get when I consume one of my delicious homebrews! Plus I like to drink beer, so homebrewing them was a no-brainer.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-16-2013, 10:40 PM   #52
cpl-america
Recipes 

Liked 58 Times on 47 Posts
Likes Given: 40

Suffolk Brewing

There, Official. now there is a brewers club for our area, feel free to join, we just need to set up a meeting day. open to any input, just rushed through the setup, and didn't think much about the name or anything.

-cheers

"it's totally cheaper to brew beer, honey, i swear."

Rendomike Likes This 
Old 09-17-2013, 12:48 PM   #53
Rendomike
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts
Likes Given: 15

Cool, signed up. Told my co-worker about it also. I suggest a Saturday or Sunday which probably works better for most people. Currently work weekends, but will have the last weekend of this month and first weekend of next month mostly free.

Keg 1: Azzaca IPA
Keg 2: Edwort's Apfelwein
Keg 3: Janet's Brown Ale
Keg 4: El Dorado IPA
Fermenter: Wee Heavy. Edwort's Apfelwein

Old 09-18-2013, 08:59 PM   #54
cpl-america
Recipes 

my house isn't large enough for any large sort of meeting. any volunteers?

and i do work weekends, but i can adjust. As a civilian, i can only plan a week ahead on whether it's morning, or evening. but we can shoot for a week end though. let me know guys.

Old 09-20-2013, 04:53 PM   #55
boomer135
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

I'm sure I could be convinced to hold a gathering at my house once a month! Not sure my place is bigger than anyone else's though....

Old 09-22-2013, 09:55 PM   #56
cpl-america
Recipes 

It is more the baby toys and too much stuff crammed in One place that is restricting. A Friday night would be best for me.

Old 09-23-2013, 09:52 PM   #57
Rendomike
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts
Likes Given: 15

Once a month sounds great, but it's tough to say what works for us. We work 4 days every 4 days alternating between nights and days. I'm just as willing to host also. For the next couple weeks, we have off weekends.

We've both been brewing fools lately after not brewing for a while. My keg system took roughly three months to get and I pretty much didn't want to bottle anymore.

Keg 1: Azzaca IPA
Keg 2: Edwort's Apfelwein
Keg 3: Janet's Brown Ale
Keg 4: El Dorado IPA
Fermenter: Wee Heavy. Edwort's Apfelwein

Old 10-18-2013, 07:16 PM   #58
boomer135
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quiet around the thread lately... I'm sure we've all been busy with real life and such.

Anyway, I'm reporting back on the CO2 nut from the UK company weldability Sif (not a typo). I finally got it in the mail today. They even sent me a hat. I was so excited that I put it right on the regulator and it fit perfectly. Once it was all said and done, it did take quit a bit of time to finally get It here, but it was on back order. Including shipping, the cost was about $15. I'm still not sure as to the availability of a part like this at a local welding shop, because I never looked. Although after waiting about 2 months for this one, I probably should've tried to source the part locally first.

Soooo, all this happens 3 weeks before I head out to Ramstein for a 6 wk TDY. I won't even be able to enjoy my keg beer for long. Nonetheless, I'm excited to finally have the ability to keg my beer. How's everyone else doing lately?

Old 10-18-2013, 11:25 PM   #59
cpl-america
Recipes 

just emptied a keg myself, so monday is brewday if you are interested.

most of the keg might be gone before ramstein. lol. and if it isn't i'm sure it will taste all the better when you get back.

as for monday, i'm finally getting with the program and making a pumpkin ale.

have fun in ramstein... last time i was in germany, it was the hospital. don't fall too much for their beer, only to come home to fruity english ales.

Old 10-19-2013, 04:38 PM   #60
jimhenning
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Default need info!

Quote:
Originally Posted by boomer135 View Post
Oh man, I wish I would've known you needed items before I left. They've got some grains and things there at BB and I could've picked the up for you. He charged me £45 (£10 deposit) for the full tank. The tank is nice and big, maybe double or triple the size of my US CO2 tank... I have a feeling it'll last a while...

Attachment 143918
Hey guys, sorry been super busy and not around to brew, but i just ordered all the stuff i need to build a new kegerator and I got a CO2 cannister shipping in from the states from Midwest brewers...I need to find where to get it filled...any ideas? Oh and I may have time one weekend before december to brew but i'm deploying again.

Quick Reply