Kegconnection Complete Starter Kit and More Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > Brewing Events & Local Gatherings > International > Any brewers In the Suffolk area of England?

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-17-2013, 06:18 PM   #11
boomer135
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Hey all! I'm down in Mildenhall as well. I'd also be interested in joining or hosting a brew day. Has anyone filled their US CO2 tank here yet? I'm just starting kegging, and had an "oh ****" moment after I ordered my stuff, when I realized I may not be able to get the tank filled here! Are the bottles/connections the same as the UK ones?

Well, I wish I would've found this thread earlier, because I brewed today, but maybe we can get together sometime in the future!

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-19-2013, 09:30 PM   #12
cpl-america
Recipes 

Liked 58 Times on 47 Posts
Likes Given: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by psbuckland View Post
Hey guys around mildenhall...I'm flying over on on Wednesday. I'd be glad to bring any US stuff you need. Let me know...plus you can point me to a great pub or twelve?!
Sorry, I have been busy. But if you are still looking for pubs I can point some out. I'm sure I'm kind of late.

"it's totally cheaper to brew beer, honey, i swear."

Old 08-19-2013, 09:34 PM   #13
cpl-america
Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by boomer135 View Post
Hey all! I'm down in Mildenhall as well. I'd also be interested in joining or hosting a brew day. Has anyone filled their US CO2 tank here yet? I'm just starting kegging, and had an "oh ****" moment after I ordered my stuff, when I realized I may not be able to get the tank filled here! Are the bottles/connections the same as the UK ones?

Well, I wish I would've found this thread earlier, because I brewed today, but maybe we can get together sometime in the future!
Filling is hard here, I know a couple places, but it is super expensive. I got mine on the down low. I'm totally up for a brew day, but I would probably have to bring my kid. I haven't brewed in a couple months, but I am planning an octoberfest.

Old 08-20-2013, 09:28 AM   #14
boomer135
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Sweet! Bringing a kid is fine with me... I have a very young one myself. I have a couple Midwest kits coming my way in a few days hopefully, and as soon as I bottle the current batch, I'll be ready to brew one of the new kits. Maybe over the long weekend coming up.

So where can I get co2 filled? I'm not too worried about cost, as it is a necessary expense. I'm wanting to keg the next two batches, probably within the next 3-4 weeks.

Old 08-20-2013, 05:52 PM   #15
cpl-america
Recipes 

boc used to do it, but have recently decided that homeowners were an unnecessary risk. i will see if i can find it, but i recently found a motor shop that carried small bottles. how big is your tank? if you have an adapter i can probably give you a little from mine. you can do an online search for beergas. otherwise there is a place in cambridge that sells small s20 gas cylinders.

the trend seems to be that they will only fill their own cylinders in this country, and will not fill yours. some people buy full tanks on ebay. good luck with the search and let me know about the brew day. i'll pm you my number.

Old 08-20-2013, 06:34 PM   #16
boomer135
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

It's a 5lb tank... I don't have an adapter...

Old 08-21-2013, 10:24 AM   #17
boomer135
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

I think I'll probably have to get a British tank, and see if I can adapt my regulator to it. So far this seems to be the best option. I may have to get a British regulator if that doesn't work. Thing that sucks, is I specifically bought a dual regulator system so I could maintain different pressures on two kegs, so I could carb one keg while the other was at serving pressure.

I'm at a loss otherwise... I've asked around, but I have yet to ask the question at beautiful beers in bury st edmunds, or beers of Europe in Cambridge. Hopefully one of those places can help me.

I find it very hard to believe that I'm the first person to PCS here and run into this problem!! It's very frustrating. I guess I can always bottle.

Are you planning to brew your all grain batch soon? If so, I'd like to observe!

Old 08-21-2013, 02:05 PM   #18
cpl-america
Recipes 

Just as soon as my grain comes in the mail, when is good for you. I work weekends, so a weekday os best for me. Friday per haps

Old 08-21-2013, 08:06 PM   #19
jimhenning
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts
Likes Given: 1

hey guys sorry i'm late to the party, i'm down for a brew day, just brewed a pumpkin ale...i got the goods for a chocolate breakfast stout which I plan on doing soon, when are you guys looking at...i'm at a busy flying squadron so i may not have a big window, dont' let me hold you back but we may be able to do something!

Old 08-21-2013, 09:52 PM   #20
cpl-america
Recipes 

I am down for Sunday if my grain comes in. Or possibly the following Saturday.

Quick Reply