The Great Bottle Opener Giveaway

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > Brewing Events & Local Gatherings > South Central USA > Louisiana HomeBrew Forum > Bobby_M in New Orleans Jan 26-28 Beer me.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-27-2010, 09:57 PM   #11
JohnnyO
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 892 Times on 840 Posts
Likes Given: 487

Hey Bobby. I absolutely love New Orleans. I try to get down there once a year. My wife and I got married down there.

However, while there, rather than look for the quality beer, look for the quality food. New Orleans is a foody-haven. They have flavors and culinary ideas the people up here in the Northeast couldn't even dream of.

Go down to the other side of Decatur. There is a little hole in the wall called Fiorellas that has real homecooked food at very reasonable prices. Pretty close to there is a place called Mojo's that has some pretty mean tasty sammiches (pool table too).

If you want an authentic Po'Boy, but don't want to leave the French Quarter, check out Johnny's PoBoys (no relation). I recommend a Muffaletta if you haven't tried it already.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-28-2010, 01:29 AM   #12
CodeRage
Death by Magumba!
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 29 Times on 16 Posts
Likes Given: 5

If you see an acme oyster house, pull in for a dozen char grilled oysters. You'll be tempted to eat the shells, I promise.

There is a place called Lagers on Veterans just West of Causeway, not a great tap selection but better than most. Food sucks though.

There is also a must try place called Brewster's on Veterans too. It's west of Causeway too.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply