Ss Brewing Technologies Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > Brewing Events & Local Gatherings > South Central USA > Arkansas HomeBrew Forum > Any brewers in the Conway Area?

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-01-2013, 12:01 AM   #1
estricklin
Certified Guitar Pickin' Hop Slingin' Crazy Homebrewer
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 123 Times on 97 Posts
Likes Given: 116

Default Any brewers in the Conway Area?

I live near Morrilton and am looking to find some brewing buddies or maybe even start a homebrew club. Our area is significant enough to have one I'd say. If Fayetville and Fort Smith can, we should too!

Who is John Galt?

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-12-2014, 08:32 AM   #2
yeahfairly
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 54 Times on 29 Posts
Likes Given: 29

Hey there!
Springhill area for me. I am currently in Afghanistan but I would be interested in meeting up with some fellow home brewers! I can give you a shout before I make my next trip home if your interested. I would absolutely enjoy joining a group of brewers. Sounds like fun and I would be in!! I'll make a trip home in 8 weeks or so and be home for good in 6 to 8 months!

Old 03-16-2014, 09:54 AM   #3
estricklin
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by yeahfairly View Post
Hey there!
Springhill area for me. I am currently in Afghanistan but I would be interested in meeting up with some fellow home brewers! I can give you a shout before I make my next trip home if your interested. I would absolutely enjoy joining a group of brewers. Sounds like fun and I would be in!! I'll make a trip home in 8 weeks or so and be home for good in 6 to 8 months!
Hey man sorry I took so long to get back to you, definately give me a shout when you get in! I live near Peti Jean Mountain, I currently brew on a 5 gallon all grain single infusion system but am putting together an all electric 15 gallon system. I have a kegging system too, and I have lots of extra equipment if you want to get into all grain. I'd love to have some group brews or just hang out and swap some homebrews. I also make wine, mead and cider. I have a fruit press too for when I can find some super cheap, or free fruit to press.

Who is John Galt?

Old 03-17-2014, 11:29 AM   #4
yeahfairly
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Good to hear back from you! I will be home on a month break around May 1st. Would really enjoy meeting up. My son in law is in the process of building me a new brew rig. I am planning on 25 gallon kettles for 15 gallon brews. I would absolutely be interested in buying some of your spare equipment. It sounds like we have a lot of common interests and I need a tutor to help me get going on the wine and cider making! If your available let's get together and drink a beer!

Old 03-17-2014, 12:58 PM   #5
estricklin
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Hey man you got it, I dunno what equipment you need, especially if your building a new system, but I have an extra propane burner stand, 5 gallon round cooler, bottles, extra buckets, an extra capper. I mean if you need any of it you can just have it. I'll have a lot more stuff I don't need when my 1/2 bbl system is up and running.

Who is John Galt?

Old 04-15-2014, 01:44 PM   #6
thebrewbro
Recipes 

Sorry that I'm late to this thread. Hopefully you guys are still around. I'm in Greenbrier and would love to get jump in with some local guys to brew with and learn from. I haven't made the plunge and bought my kit yet, but I've bought several books over the last few months and just tried to do my homework.

Old 04-15-2014, 02:28 PM   #7
estricklin
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebrewbro View Post
Sorry that I'm late to this thread. Hopefully you guys are still around. I'm in Greenbrier and would love to get jump in with some local guys to brew with and learn from. I haven't made the plunge and bought my kit yet, but I've bought several books over the last few months and just tried to do my homework.
Not at all, and I will extend the same invitation to you as to my equipment. Are you planning on starting out with extract? If you want to brew a batch with me sometime just let me know.

I really think we should set up an official unofficial club in this area. I'm sure I could even throw together a decent website.

Who is John Galt?

Old 04-16-2014, 03:18 PM   #8
thebrewbro
Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by estricklin View Post
Not at all, and I will extend the same invitation to you as to my equipment. Are you planning on starting out with extract? If you want to brew a batch with me sometime just let me know.

I really think we should set up an official unofficial club in this area. I'm sure I could even throw together a decent website.
Thanks man. I still haven't decided on equipment. I've got a good friend in St. Louis who has access to awesome local shops and a buddy in Dallas who uses Austin Home Brew and he recommended I grab a kit from their online store. What are your thoughts? I plan on starting with the partial grain kits. I definitely don't feel confident about going all the way with an all grain to start, but I feel like I want to do more than extract. I'm definitely in for a meet-up and grabbing a beer when YeahFairly gets in town.

Old 04-17-2014, 12:35 AM   #9
estricklin
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Quote:
Thanks man. I still haven't decided on equipment. I've got a good friend in St. Louis who has access to awesome local shops and a buddy in Dallas who uses Austin Home Brew and he recommended I grab a kit from their online store. What are your thoughts? I plan on starting with the partial grain kits. I definitely don't feel confident about going all the way with an all grain to start, but I feel like I want to do more than extract. I'm definitely in for a meet-up and grabbing a beer when YeahFairly gets in town.
I think the best kits are the "True Brew" brand, I beleive is the name anyway. Better spigots, you get an auto siphon, the lids are much better too. If I had it to do over again I would have just pieced it all together, but that's knowing what I know now. If your wanting to do some partial boils just stick with a cheap aluminum pot for now, you'll most likely want to upgrade it fairly quick. When I did partial mashes, using the disposable stockings and a round cooler with no mods was about the best setup I found. Holds temps great but a 5 gallon bucket from the doughnut shop for 2 bucks works well too.

I work 2 weeks on and 1 week off by the way, so I have plenty of time on my off week to grab a brew or brew a batch. I try to keep 100 lbs of grain on hand, and 3-5 lbs of hops so ingrediants aren't an issue if you guys ever want to brew a batch and split it.

Oh and I'm Eric.

Who is John Galt?

Old 04-19-2014, 04:42 PM   #10
yeahfairly
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Quote:

Greenbrier.... Your just up the road...... I'll be back in Arkansas in two weeks. Sounds like all three of us need to Meet for a few cold ones!

Quick Reply