Ss Brewing Technologies Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > Brewing Events & Local Gatherings > South Central USA > Missouri HomeBrew Forum > Visiting STL - Craft Breweries and To-Do

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-08-2013, 03:19 AM   #11
millerjr934
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Four hands is great so is six row both serve food also

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-08-2013, 03:35 AM   #12
Brewsader1
Recipes 

Likes Given: 7

I agree with Jeffjm, Perennial is going to be the unique, rarer styles, and fantastic place to go. I'd say, make sure you go there and four hands. Urban chestnut and Civil life are right there...don't know if they bottle. I have been to six-row a few times...good food but better beer elsewhere. For bbq, Pappy's is fantastic and I've heard Bogart's smokehouse is right there. For dessert, Ted Drewes frozen custard and/or Crown candy. Crown is a really cool, old-fashioned candy and ice cream shop, but not necessarily in the best neighborhood (but not the worst St. Louis has to offer). If you are there when the Cards are (hopefully) playing, head down to the landing (it's a strip of bars/restaurants down by the Mississippi) for a good crowd and experience. And food on The Hill is going to be a good Italian dining option anywhere you go. Those are my favorites when I am back home! Enjoy!

Old 10-08-2013, 12:13 PM   #13
Chris7687
Recipes 

Liked 10 Times on 8 Posts
Likes Given: 17

Awesome. Thanks for the tips again guys and all the food recommendations Brewsader! I definitely want to get some of the famous St. Louis BBQ while I'm out there! Hoping the Cards keep going. My buddy has excellent first base seaon tickets, so mght be lucky enough to see a World Series game!

Old 10-12-2013, 02:28 AM   #14
jeffjm
Custom Yeast Home Builder
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 70 Times on 49 Posts
Likes Given: 15

If you go to the Landing, be sure to visit Morgan Street. They make some great lagers there.

Quick Reply