Spike Brewing 12.5 Conical Fermenter Giveaway - Enter Now!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > Brewing Events & Local Gatherings > South Central USA > Missouri HomeBrew Forum > Heritage Festival, St. Louis, MO

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-12-2012, 10:44 PM   #1
brewsnthelou
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 124 Times on 54 Posts
Likes Given: 60

Default Heritage Festival, St. Louis, MO

The festival is this coming weekend downtown St. Louis, Mo and I have been greatly looking forward to attending as usual. This year they changed the location from Forest Park to Ballpark Village, slightly more inconvenient to myself personally, but ok I can travel further and stand in 90+ degrees sampling delicious brews in the middle of an asphalt jungle instead of a grassy park area. Now, however I am upset that it was announced a mear 4 days before the event that all the homebrewer beer would not be allowed since it is "illegal".
This is a ticketed event for those who do not volunteer to work a shift ( my preferred method ) and it does cost $30 per person, however all money goes to a local charity.
I feel very badly for those who donated all their hardwork and delicious brews for this event now to be told, sorry not this year.
The laws need to change.

"BEER...the other white meat"

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-13-2012, 03:00 AM   #2
LuckyBeagleBrewing
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 15 Times on 12 Posts
Likes Given: 5

Heritage should not be a privilege. It should be a right of homebrewers since this is where beer really started.

Old 06-17-2012, 12:35 PM   #3
Prosit
Recipes 

This should be the catalyst that helps create the St. Louis Home Brewers Festival. It all begins with the thought, "I can do this better..."

Quick Reply