Spike Brewing 12.5 Conical Fermenter Giveaway - Enter Now!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > Brewing Events & Local Gatherings > South Central USA > Missouri HomeBrew Forum > Getting Married, Good excuse to brew beer, but (where) can I serve it? (MO)

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-01-2012, 03:09 AM   #11
Mista_Sparkle
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Well, it looks like we have found a couple places that will serve the homebrew so I am super excited!
A lot wouldn't, or would only allow it as favors, but being able to serve seems pretty cool. So far it looks like they prefer bottles so I don't have an excuse to start kegging... yet

On the menu, I have a coriander wheat, a pale ale, an Oktoberfest, and a brown of some sort to balance things out so far. I just need to come up with some AG recipes that overlap heavily in ingredients so i can get bulk hops and grains. Planning on about 150 people or so.

Thanks,

Mista

Primary #1+Auxiliary: Burning River Pale Ale clone
Primary #2: empty
Primary #3: EdWorts Apfelwein #4
Conditioning/Drinking:Brewers Best Belgian Tripel, Apfelwein #3, EdWorts Apfelwein #2, Cranapple Wine, Routers Share Network Closet Strong Scotch Ale, McCormack's Old Malt Oatmeal Stout

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-01-2012, 03:16 AM   #12
RogerMcAllen
Recipes 

Liked 5 Times on 5 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mista_Sparkle View Post
Well, it looks like we have found a couple places that will serve the homebrew so I am super excited!
A lot wouldn't, or would only allow it as favors, but being able to serve seems pretty cool. So far it looks like they prefer bottles so I don't have an excuse to start kegging... yet

On the menu, I have a coriander wheat, a pale ale, an Oktoberfest, and a brown of some sort to balance things out so far. I just need to come up with some AG recipes that overlap heavily in ingredients so i can get bulk hops and grains. Planning on about 150 people or so.

Thanks,

Mista
To the contrary. The last thing you want to do is risk not having the perfect carbonation or having someone grossed out by yeast (you better believe people will drink straight from the bottle and chug a nice big slug of yeast).

You pretty much have to force carb in a keg and then bottle.

http://www.homebrewtalk.com/f35/we-no-need-no-stinking-beer-gun-24678/

Old 03-01-2012, 01:56 PM   #13
turkeyjerky214
Recipes 

Liked 5 Times on 5 Posts
Likes Given: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by RogerMcAllen View Post
To the contrary. The last thing you want to do is risk not having the perfect carbonation or having someone grossed out by yeast (you better believe people will drink straight from the bottle and chug a nice big slug of yeast).

You pretty much have to force carb in a keg and then bottle.
I'm usually "do the best with what you've got" kind of person, but I agree 100% with RogerMcAllen. Back when I used to bottle, I always had to explain to people not to drink out of it and when they're pouring to leave the last little bit in the bottle. Even if you don't have a kegging system, make friends with someone who does who would be willing to help you out with this. This is one of those times that you will either turn a lot of people on to craft beers or scare them away.

-Brian

Tap 1: Flanders Brown Tap 2: Pumpkin Ale Tap 3: Rye IPA Tap 4: Wee Heavy Tap 5: Apfelwein

Fermenting: Amber Ale
Kegged: Barrel-Aged Barleywine, Barleywine, RIS,

Lagering: Märzen

Old 03-01-2012, 08:58 PM   #14
landshark
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 94 Times on 79 Posts
Likes Given: 25

Quote:
Originally Posted by I_B_Mongo View Post
I've got an arrest record that says otherwise. Spent 2 hours in Warrensburg, MO city jail trying that same thing in college. Selling alcohol without a liquor license. Class C felony. Was able to plead down to a Class A misdemeanor. $3,500 lawyer cost, $1,000 fine, $450 in "court costs". Never made $5,000 throwing a kegger, so its not worth it.
That royally sucks. It was actually a Warrensburg Cop who explained to me the sell the cups w/o beer.

As a side note, I have never met an officer I liked. So it wouldn't surprise me if one was a dick about it and arrested you for that.

Old 03-02-2012, 04:01 PM   #15
mightynintendo
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 94 Times on 80 Posts
Likes Given: 57

You can serve your homebrew to anyone you like in Missouri. You can't SELL it without a license, but serving to people of legal age is A-OK.

But yeah the reception hall will be your biggest hurdle. They want to sell their own liquor. Most community centers, park buildings, and other such public buildings that can be rented are easy going about what you serve. It's when you start going to private reception halls that they start forcing their own catering down your throat.

Quick Reply