Spike Brewing 12.5 Conical Fermenter Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > Brewing Events & Local Gatherings > South Central USA > Texas HomeBrew Forum > Texas Homebrewers Campout - April 3-5, 2009

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-11-2009, 05:43 AM   #11
TexasSkeeterHawk
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Hey Belmont.
Well, I have been to one of the two so far and it was mostly families. The 2009 event is being pushed more toward the family side of the spectrum. We have numerous beer events that are centered around a contest, but you certainly wouldn't bring the kids there. This year, the organizer of the olympics intends on making games specifically for the kids to participate in...there is also some free time for the family on Saturday before the olympics. This is intended to be a weekend in the woods with the family and great beer.

You can do whatever you want, but I am one of the organizers of this event and I would be seriously disappointed if it turned out to be inappropriate for kids. There might be some language as people drink, get happy, and talk like a sailor...but there shouldn't be an orgy at the pavilion.

I hope that you can make it!

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-11-2009, 07:57 AM   #12
Nitsua
Recipes 

The combination of camping and homebrew sounds amazing. I have not been brewing long therefor will not have much to bring out (prob 3 batches). My friends don't brew but they are good at camping, will some good quality store bought be accepted?
I know it's a noob question. Doubt it's HB only I just don't want to be odd man out.

Old 03-11-2009, 01:04 PM   #13
Belmont
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

I would guess that would be fine Nitsua. Some brewers (like myself) don't bottle so they'd have to expect some of that. I may buy a tap-a-draft system for this event since all of my beer is in kegs. I wonder if there are enough jockey boxes there that you wouldn't have to bring your own.

Old 03-12-2009, 06:37 AM   #14
TexasSkeeterHawk
Recipes 

There should be a serving stand and a trough to put the kegs in...but it never hurts to be prepared. Especially to have the right fittings...pin-lock, ball-lock etc.

Commercial beer being poured from a friendly beer aficionado is ALWAYS welcome!

Old 03-12-2009, 03:11 PM   #15
TexLaw
Here's Lookin' Atcha!

Recipes 

Liked 24 Times on 23 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasSkeeterHawk View Post
Commercial beer being poured from a friendly beer aficionado is ALWAYS welcome!
Indeed!

And, about the families, I am bringing mine out based on the expectation and representation that it is a family-friendly event. However, I also am well aware that the very nature of the gathering must keep one on one's guard when kids are concerned.

TL

Drinking Frog Brewery, est. 1993

Old 03-12-2009, 04:48 PM   #16
TxBrew
Der Administrator
HBT_ADMIN.png

Recipes 

Liked 1643 Times on 544 Posts
Likes Given: 832

Anyone besides TexLaw confirmed going?

Drink-A-Lympics seems interesting;
http://www.texashomebrewerscampout.com/page82.html

Old 04-01-2009, 02:09 PM   #17
TexLaw
Here's Lookin' Atcha!

Recipes 

Liked 24 Times on 23 Posts

I guess no one else is going, but I'll still be there!

TL

Drinking Frog Brewery, est. 1993

Old 04-02-2009, 06:29 AM   #18
TexasSkeeterHawk
Recipes 

You're not alone TexLaw! There are 40-50 other adults registered already from all over the place. Foam Rangers are the majority, but we have KGB, Austin Zealots, Barley Coherent, and others. Surprisingly not a lot from the Dallas area, but I guess that's their loss as I sent posters to two of the shops out there...The Winemaker Shop and Homebrew Headquarters.

I'm glad that you are going to be there, and it looks like we are going to have some pretty nice weather. Did you register on The Website ? That'll save you $$ even if you don't pay now...just let us know that you are coming.

This looks like it is going to be a great time! Even our t-shirt guy is printing a few extra for us just in case...so we should have extra. I think that they are pretty cool looking!!!

Let me know if you have any other questions or anything. My e-mail for this event is Backpack@TexasHomebrewersCampout.com cause I'm "carryin' the load"

Looking forward to it! Cheers!

Jonathan

Last edited by TexasSkeeterHawk; 04-02-2009 at 06:32 AM.

Old 04-02-2009, 11:36 AM   #19
Dr_Deathweed

Recipes 

Liked 26 Times on 20 Posts
Likes Given: 3

I would love to go, but somehow just discovered all this!!! Dern!!

If the planets align and I get out of some things I will try to make it. Sounds like a blast!

"Never ascribe to malice that which can be adequately explained by incompetence." - Napoleon Bonaparte
“An intelligent man is sometimes forced to be drunk to spend time with his fools.” - Ernest Hemingway

Fermentation CabinetAdding Faucets to a TowerDIY HopbackPortable Kegerator

Quick Reply