Happy HolidaySs Giveaway - Winners Re-Re-Re-Drawn - 24 hours to Claim!

Get your HBT Growlers, Shirts and Membership before the Rush!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > Brewing Events & Local Gatherings > South Central USA > Texas HomeBrew Forum > Texas Craft Brewers Festival!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-19-2012, 06:16 AM   #1
TzeentchPlayer
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 9 Times on 8 Posts
Likes Given: 29

Default Texas Craft Brewers Festival!

So who's going???? My fiance and I have tix already! And hopefully a few of our Austin friends will be joining us.

I'm looking forward to trying Jester King's new brews Gotlandsdricka and Funk Metal, as well as *hopefully* some of Real Ale's MV's.

You think you have an infection? See what they really look like here: http://www.homebrewtalk.com/f39/post...fection-71400/

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-19-2012, 02:55 PM   #2
ReverseApacheMaster
Recipes 

Liked 229 Times on 192 Posts

I want to go, but I can't make it out. The current Real Ale MV release (Scots gone wild) is out and definitely around. I had it over Labor Day weekend at whip in and I've heard it's at a couple places here in the DFW area. If Jester King rolls out any of their beers on cask or gravity pour give them a whirl. I didn't think I would like saison like that but it's actually really good. The only exception is Le Petit Prince. It's too light of a beer for that kind of pour. It needs the carbonation to give it some mouthfeel and acidity. Noble King, however, is stellar as a gravity pour.

Old 09-19-2012, 03:11 PM   #3
rhamilton
Recipes 

Liked 64 Times on 53 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Me, SWMBO, and some family members are going. I owe them for making them go to the Austin Beer Fest

Kegged: County Jail Pale Ale, AHS Anniv IPA, AHS Brooklyn Brown, Raspberry Wheat, Blood Orange Hefe, Ranger IPA clone (x2), Newcastle clone, AHS Irish Red, Centennial Blonde
Bottled: Session Series Belgian Saison, Apocalypso, Pecan Porter, DFH 90 Minute Clone, Apfelwein (x2), Wytchmaker Rye IPA Clone, Vienna/Simcoe SMaSH, Munich/Cascade SMaSH

Old 09-26-2012, 10:09 PM   #4
Notorious_HOP
Brewer At Busted Sandal Brewing
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

I'll be headed out there in support of Texas Breweries and the efforts of the Texas Craft Brewers Guild. Hope to be a member soon.

A new brewery is coming to San Antonio, TX! Click on these links to follow Busted Sandal Brewing Company on Facebook and Twitter for updates.

Old 09-30-2012, 03:02 PM   #5
Sezwhut
Recipes 

Where and when is the festival? or am I late as always??

Thanks,

Old 09-30-2012, 03:29 PM   #6
Nagorg
If a frog had wings...
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 52 Times on 42 Posts
Likes Given: 27

It's in Austin, TX on 10/06/2012. I may go...

http://texascraftbrewersfestival.org/

Old 11-07-2012, 06:48 AM   #7
Notorious_HOP
Brewer At Busted Sandal Brewing
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

I am super late to post here but it was a great festival. I think we all have to do our part to help the craft brewing scene. Not just because we are opening a brewery in Texas but because the strengthening of the craft brewing scene, especially in areas that can be considered restrictive to our craft, can only produce more opportunities for better appreciation of what we all do, including homebrewers all over the country and beyond.

A new brewery is coming to San Antonio, TX! Click on these links to follow Busted Sandal Brewing Company on Facebook and Twitter for updates.

Quick Reply